• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joc with 3 HRs, 8 RBIs in a slugfest vs the Mets

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Joc with 3 HRs, 8 RBIs in a slugfest vs the Mets
      I could have kept him for $6. Hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        I could have kept him for $6. Hindsight is 20/20.
        Another HR today. 11 on the season.

Comment

• Joey Bart demoted to AAA. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Joey Bart demoted to AAA. Wow.
            This is good news for Casali owners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              This is good news for Casali owners.
              Yeah I just benched him for Serven.

Comment

• The Giants acquire OF Willie Calhoun (who requested a trade) from the Rangers for OF Steven Duggar.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  The Giants acquire OF Willie Calhoun (who requested a trade) from the Rangers for OF Steven Duggar.
                  Interesting. SF just signed Yermin Mercedes also. I wonder if this is a "collect as many assets as possible because one of them might actually be good" thing.

My knee-jerk was to think about Calhoun for NL only, but currently with all those lefty OFs already there, I dont see where Calhoun would fit at all. Maybe Lamonte Wade had a setback?

Comment

Interesting. SF just signed Yermin Mercedes also. I wonder if this is a "collect as many assets as possible because one of them might actually be good" thing.

My knee-jerk was to think about Calhoun for NL only, but currently with all those lefty OFs already there, I dont see where Calhoun would fit at all. Maybe Lamonte Wade had a setback?
                    I am in NL only not sure what to make of Calhoun. I don't see a fit either.

And Yermin still has not taken Steve Stones advice to lay off of some pitches. He is a bigger gamble than Calhoun.

Comment

Willie Calhoun isn't an outfielder. He's a DH. If they want to find room for him, it better be there.

Comment

• David Villar recalled

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What's with this thread? The last post was in July.

What does everyone think of Lewis Brinson finally finding the bat rack?

Back in the day, he was an elite prospect, but that was three teams ago. Suddenly he's hitting .364 with power. The .300 average is not sustainable, but the power is real. He hit 22 HR in a AAA pitcher's park this year. Brinson also plays outstanding OF defense, and the Giants are a team that appreciates that.

For 2023, is he worth a stab over the likes of Joey Gallo or Kiké Hernandez?
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              What's with this thread? The last post was in July.

What does everyone think of Lewis Brinson finally finding the bat rack?

Back in the day, he was an elite prospect, but that was three teams ago. Suddenly he's hitting .364 with power. The .300 average is not sustainable, but the power is real. He hit 22 HR in a AAA pitcher's park this year. Brinson also plays outstanding OF defense, and the Giants are a team that appreciates that.

For 2023, is he worth a stab over the likes of Joey Gallo or Kiké Hernandez?
                              Classic AAAA player. I'd ride with the other two unless Brinson does something of note the remainder of this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Classic AAAA player. I'd ride with the other two unless Brinson does something of note the remainder of this season.
                                Dunno. Worth watching. Why AAAA? Has he really been given a shot? Maybe he’s a change of scenery candidate? Certainly doesn’t hurt to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X