Something wrong with Votto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wrong with Votto?

I know it is early, but the fact that he doesn't have a single extra base hit yet has me worried. He isn't hitting the ball with any kind of authority which has me worried that he isn't a 100%. Any theories on what the deal is? His babip is crazy low, even though his BA isn't that bad, but again that might not just be bad luck given that he isn't hitting the ball hard.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-14-2018, 02:43 PM.

I assume he’s fine unless we hear otherwise. Unlikely to see a decent ROI via trade, so should ride it out.

Comment

I saw an AB of his last night. Announcers were noting that he's just not comfortable in the batter's box.

he even tried fidgeting around just before the pitch was thrown, which looks weird. as noted, I think he's a HOLD.

if you have to die on Votto Hill, then you do
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Trade him for Goldschmidt.

Comment

Votto's a notoriously slow starter. He should be fine.

Comment

yes...
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
            X