No announcement yet.

2K19- Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a nice team. Better than mine, I think. I'm also in third place, 10 points out of first.

C - Chirinos
    1B - Bell, Voit, Santana
    2B - Dozier, Hiura (hoping for a call up soon), McMahon (just picked up when I read your post)
    SS - Gregorius
    3B - Senzel, Riley
    OF - Santana, Rosario, Hicks
    DL - Gennett

SP - Ryu, Castillo, Woodruff, Quintana, Boyd, Yamamoto (just picked up today as well)
    RP - Hicks, Smith, Kelley, Elias
    DL - Weaver
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Second, 5 points out....been back and forth with the top team for a couple weeks now. He has played more games total to this point, so hoping I can take advantage of that down the st

C - Chirinos
      1B - Olson, Abreu
      2B - Gennett, B Lowe
      SS - J Polanco, Gregorius
      3B - H Dozier, Senzel
      OF - Betts, Blackmon, Marte, Y Alvarez

SP - Clevinger, McKay, day trade slot
      RP - Neris, Kennedy, Kelley, Hendriks, Urias
      DL - Kluber, Eovaldi

Comment

Originally posted by rsf View Post
        Second, 5 points out....been back and forth with the top team for a couple weeks now. He has played more games total to this point, so hoping I can take advantage of that down the st

C - Chirinos
        1B - Olson, Abreu
        2B - Gennett, B Lowe
        SS - J Polanco, Gregorius
        3B - H Dozier, Senzel
        OF - Betts, Blackmon, Marte, Y Alvarez

SP - Clevinger, McKay, day trade slot
        RP - Neris, Kennedy, Kelley, Hendriks, Urias
        DL - Kluber, Eovaldi
        that's a fine team ... altho you seem short on SP ... are you competitive in Ks & Ws or are you strategically dumping those cats?
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          that's a fine team ... altho you seem short on SP ... are you competitive in Ks & Ws or are you strategically dumping those cats?
          I've been streaming one starter a day, there's plenty of good options in the league. So, that plus the extra relievers has me 9 pts in wins and 8 in Ks right now. My assessment---rightly or wrongly---is that streaming is going to be as good as they guys I could retain, though as Clevinger shows I'll grab someone better on waivers if they appear. Gambling on McKay right now as well.

Steals is the big weak point right now---I am third to last, but it's very compressed: I'm 10 steals out of third in that one. So, I've added a little speed and if a MI with speed pops up I'll take the shot there.

Don't think there's a lot more trade options---several dead teams, a few who seem to be onto the 'trade the unproven guy who gets hot' move.

Comment

I've been streaming one starter a day, there's plenty of good options in the league. So, that plus the extra relievers has me 9 pts in wins and 8 in Ks right now. My assessment---rightly or wrongly---is that streaming is going to be as good as they guys I could retain, though as Clevinger shows I'll grab someone better on waivers if they appear. Gambling on McKay right now as well.

Steals is the big weak point right now---I am third to last, but it's very compressed: I'm 10 steals out of third in that one. So, I've added a little speed and if a MI with speed pops up I'll take the shot there.

Don't think there's a lot more trade options---several dead teams, a few who seem to be onto the 'trade the unproven guy who gets hot' move.
            nice ... that's a lot of work, I don't think I could make daily streaming work for me but getting 9 & 8 pts in Ws & Ks shows you're making it work.

re: the steals, we're still just past half way thru the season so there's lots of time to make things up ... in the last month I've got my BA up from .246 to .263
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

ASB Updates?

I'm tied for 2nd - 97-91.5-91.5 ; unlike past years my hitting is firing on all cylinders but I'm finding it difficult to get reliable starting pitching. I think it's gonna be tight right thru Sept.

Comment

Second, 5 points back. Dogfight last few weeks, there's a very strong team ahead of me but he is also running ahead a lot on innings pitched, so if I can max out there I'll make up points in several categories.

Have lost touch with the pack on steals, that may be the place I could have managed better to categories. We'll see!

Comment

Second, 5 points back. Dogfight last few weeks, there's a very strong team ahead of me but he is also running ahead a lot on innings pitched, so if I can max out there I'll make up points in several categories.

Have lost touch with the pack on steals, that may be the place I could have managed better to categories. We'll see!
                  nice. yeah I'm chasing the Mike Trout team ... I'm in 2nd, but further back, 103 - 91.5. It's possible but everything would have to work out just right.

Comment

So it's time for a Sept check-in ...

I'm still in second. While it's possible if everything goes just right, odds are i'll end up in second (I'm 10 pts back). My team ends up like this (not much tinkering expected in the last month) ...

C - W Contreras
                    1B - P Alonso
                    2B - D Gordon
                    SS - G Lux (stuck with Segura far too long this year)
                    3B - R Devers
                    OF - M Kepler, S Marte, Y Puig
                    UT - M Olson, V Robles, M Smith

SP - J Flaherty, S Gray, Y Darvish, L Castillo, C Hamels, L Lynn
                    RP - C Martinez, I Kennedy, A Bradley, R Iglesias, J Leclerc, J Jiminez

Comment

• Neck and neck for me---I'm up 1 point today. Categories more favorable for me than the other guy but still could fall either way.

I've churned a lot of guys last few weeks. Currently rolling with
                      C C Kelly
                      1b Olsen
                      2b Hiura/Berti
                      SS Bichette/Lux
                      3B Seager/Sano
                      OF Marte
                      OF Betts
                      OF Blackmon, E Jimenez
                      UTIL Jose Abreu
                      UTIL Y Alvarez

SP Clevinger and day-trading
                      RP (saves wrapped up already so focusing on k/9 types) N Anderson, Kahnle, W Harris, Henriks, Lugo, Neris, May

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        I'm still in second. While it's possible if everything goes just right, odds are i'll end up in second (I'm 10 pts back). ...
                        Lots of bouncing around ... it's now 97.5 - 96.5 - 96.0 ... I'm at 96.

Comment

• Wow---down to the wire!

I'm up 2 points right now, but it's still tight category-wise.

Here's a question: on old ESPN setup you had a max starts (I think it was 180), but it really meant "you can't accumulate starts past the day where you go over". So if you were at 179 the last day of the year and started 7 guys you got stats for all 7. Does Yahoo's innings max work the same way, where you can game the limit? Might matter for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by rsf View Post
                            Wow---down to the wire!

Here's a question: on old ESPN setup you had a max starts (I think it was 180), but it really meant "you can't accumulate starts past the day where you go over". So if you were at 179 the last day of the year and started 7 guys you got stats for all 7. Does Yahoo's innings max work the same way, where you can game the limit? Might matter for me.
                            good question, I don't know how it works - I personally never really paid attention except to manage my innings below the cap

Comment

• Originally posted by rsf View Post
                              Wow---down to the wire!

It has been my experience in recent years that the day you hit your cap is a free-for-all. This was mainly for games per position in hockey. I don't think the site is programmed to cut off stats after x innings pitched on the day you hit your IP cap. Think about how complex that could be with multiple pitchers going.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• You are correct---I had 7 guys starting today and am up to 1425 innings against a 1400 cap; other guy ended yesterday at 1405 and it all counted, so I know it is not just a live scoring glitch

Thanks for input; may save someone one year! Got me a category win today.

Comment

Working...
                                X