No announcement yet.

2K19- Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the most ridiculous possible development, my team is in first place with a 9.5 point lead (91 to 81.5). This is mostly due to the 12 points I have in ERA (2.31) and WHIP (0.99). Can't wait until those get wrecked. Even my offense has been pretty good except for steals. (9.5 in R, 11 in HR, 7 in AVG, 12 in RBI, 3 in steals). Saves is another weak point, with only 6 saves, good for 6 points. I really don't want to trade for a closer but the waiver wire hasn't yielded many fruits yet. I just added Hampson yesterday (for Brandon Lowe, who I hated to see go) in hopes of getting some speed. I probably need to start trying to sell high on Joc. Glasnow too, I guess. Something tells me that 1.13 ERA won't last.

C - Phegley
    1B - Christian Walker
    2B - Hampson
    SS - DeJong
    3B - Moustakas
    OF - Joc
    OF - Domingo Santana
    OF - Kepler
    UT - Nelson Cruz
    UT - Buxton
    Bench - Asdrubal, Devers
    DL - Ryan McMahon, Justin Upton

SP - Musgrove, Glasnow, McHugh, Max Fried, Jordan Lyles, Touki, Matt Strahm
    RP - Minter, Greg Holland, Matt Barnes
    Guy I can't bench because I never know when he'll pitch - Yonny Chirinos

Comment

I know, it's a strange year, I got lucky to pick up Greene early, otherwise I'd probably be last in saves. Good that you got Minter. I think I'm gonna ride Glasnow, he probably won't draw much in return ... tho if you have any success, maybe ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

so it's a good news bad news scenario in my league. I'm firmly in 2nd (well, relatively firmly), 97-86. I have the best team I probably have ever had in a FA league ... but the team in 1st looks dominant - Trout, Story, Votto, etc ... Snell, Syndergaard, Nola, + Chapman, Treinen, Colome, etc.

I'll just keep chipping away.

C- W Contreras
        1B-P Alonso
        2B-O Albies
        SS-K Marte
        3B-T Shaw
        OF-V Robles, G Polanco, D Santana
        UT- J Soler, D Deshields (A Hicks, D Gregorius on IL)

SP-L Castillo, Y Darvish, C Hamels, E Rodriguez, T Glasnow, J Musgrove, M Pineda, C Rodon
        RP- S Greene, R Iglesias, B Parker, P Strop
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

i screwed myself by drafting and the season started with the games in Japan before i could make my team. so i've only been able to make 6 moves a week. im in last place but almost have a full roster now. i missed out on some good players like McNeil but most were gone.

c- W. Astudillo
          1b- R. McMahon
          2b- G. Hampson
          ss- C. Tucker
          3b- N. Senzel
          of- N. Markakis
          of- J. Reddick
          of- J. Winker
          utl- D. DeShields
          utl- D. Jansen

sp- Rodon, Happ, Peacock, Strahm, Fried, Keller, Toussaint
          rp- Alvarado,Strop, Minter, Parker, May
          il- Strickland, Morrow

Comment

After variety of WW pickups and a Domingo Santana-oriented trade, here's what I got:

C: Jansen
            1B: Abreu (someone dropped)
            2B: B Lowe
            SS: Polanco
            3B: M Franko (Sano on Bench)
            OF: Blackmon (traded for him)
            OF: Kepler
            OF: S Marte (someone waived), Laureano
            UTIL: M Olson (someone waived), Grichuk
            UTIL: C Walker

SP Kluber (traded for him), Clevinger (DL--someone waived), L Weaver, streaming
            RP Brasier, Neris, Holland, Swarzak, D Castillo

Was assuming I'd punt SB, but with Marte, Blackmon and others I might get a couple points there if lucky!

Comment

Originally posted by rsf View Post
              After variety of WW pickups and a Domingo Santana-oriented trade, here's what I got:

C: Jansen
              1B: Abreu (someone dropped)
              2B: B Lowe
              SS: Polanco
              3B: M Franko (Sano on Bench)
              OF: Blackmon (traded for him)
              OF: Kepler
              OF: S Marte (someone waived), Laureano
              UTIL: M Olson (someone waived), Grichuk
              UTIL: C Walker

SP Kluber (traded for him), Clevinger (DL--someone waived), L Weaver, streaming
              RP Brasier, Neris, Holland, Swarzak, D Castillo

Was assuming I'd punt SB, but with Marte, Blackmon and others I might get a couple points there if lucky!
              Curious what you traded for Blackmon, he is heating up

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Curious what you traded for Blackmon, he is heating up
                Domingo Santana, Mancini, and Stroman for Blackmon and Kluber.

Obviously, it could backfire but based on projections it's a big win for me. We'll see---playing FA league you gotta take chances, right?

Comment

Obviously, it could backfire but based on projections it's a big win for me. We'll see---playing FA league you gotta take chances, right?
                  Heh, that seems like a sell high/huge buy low that is likely to pay off. Doesn't seem like much risk. If one of those stars returns to form you are even. If both do, you are way ahead.

Comment

absolutely ... and April is the perfect time to make that kind of a deal. I've been shopping Domingo around, but the league I'm in hasn't had any trades - most teams don't respond ... can't complain tho, I've done well off the waiver wire.

Comment

I've settled into third place at the moment but 29 points out of first. Second place is about 9 points ahead of me. Here is my current roster. It almost resembles a decent team. I'm weak in R, RBI, SB and AVG on the hitting side and K is my worst pitching category, 50 points out of 5th place there.

C - Chirnos
                      1B - Bell, Voit, Santana
                      2B - Odor, Lowe
                      3B - Senzel, Riley
                      SS - DeJong, Profar
                      OF - Rosario, Santana
                      DL - Gennett

SP - Castillo, Ryu, Weaver, Boyd, Woodruff, Quintana
                      RP - Hicks, Smith, Buttrey, Kelley, Oberg

Kepler and Schwarber are available. Is anyone here worth dropping for one or both of those guys? Senzel is currently to weakest hitter based on recent production but his upside seems to be too great to drop. Profar has been really hot lately and his position flexibility is great. Is Buttrey worth holding on to? I'm tied for 4th and 1 save behind 3rd. 10 saves above 6th.

What do you guys think?
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

missed this ... if he's still available I'd jump on Kepler, he really looks to have figured it out this year; given you have Lowe at 2B I'd get rid of Odor.

I'm still tucked in second.

C- W Contreras
                        1B - P Alonso
                        2B - O Albies
                        SS - K Marte
                        3B - R Devers
                        OF - V Robles, M Kepler, D Santana
                        UT - G Polanco, A Hicks; D Murphy in rsv

SP - L Castillo, S Gray, Y Darvish, C Hamels, K Maeda, E Rodriguez, JA Happ, L Weaver
                        RP - R Iglesias, S Greene, B Parker, J Leclerc

Comment

hmmm ... I've been offered a swap of Martes ... Starling Marte for Ketel Marte. I have a need for SBs & BA so I'm seriously considering accepting. I tried a counter but he's sticking to the original offer; thoughts??? I have a pretty solid OF but maybe can look to deal one of them for pitching down the line.

edit: forgot to mention that I have Didi on my DL & he's close to returning ... so that lessens the impact

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            hmmm ... I've been offered a swap of Martes ... Starling Marte for Ketel Marte. I have a need for SBs & BA so I'm seriously considering accepting. I tried a counter but he's sticking to the original offer; thoughts??? I have a pretty solid OF but maybe can look to deal one of them for pitching down the line.

edit: forgot to mention that I have Didi on my DL & he's close to returning ... so that lessens the impact
                            Seems like a no brainer.

Comment

Just made a Khris Davis/Holland for Betts deal. Steals a big category opportunity for me, so hoping that pays off....I think I can manage the loss of HR there ok.

That leaves me with lineup of McCann/Abreu/B Lowe/Polanco/Senzel/Marte/Betts/Blackmon/Olsen/Sano with Gregorius/Gennett/Polanco on bench. Lowe and Senzel with OF eligbility so I have pretty good flexibility across that group.

Pitching has Kluber/Clevinger and streamers. Closers down to a bunch of shared roles and fill ins (Neris, Kelley, Castillo, Strickland, Barnes) so I'll need to continue scavenging saves. But that's the easiest thing to acquire in FA league I find.

Back and forth between first and second of late, really looks like three teams that are both active and competent in the league.

Comment

quick update ... sitting in third, there are handful of very good teams in this league. I'm at 85.5, ahead of me are 93 & 96.

The team is looking like a real one - best lineup I've ever had doing this ... I just picked up R McMahon, didn't realize his versatility (1B, 2B, 3B), plus he's been on a tear lately (13-27) ...

C - W Contreras
                                1B - P Alonso
                                2B - D Murphy
                                SS - D Gregorius
                                3B - R Devers
                                OF - S Marte, D Santana, M Kepler
                                UT - A Hicks, V Robles (G Polanco, R McMahon on the bench)

SP - L Castillo, C Hamels, K Maeda, Y Darvish, JA Happ, E Rodriguez, J Flaherty (T Glasnow on IL)
                                RP - S Greene, R Iglesias, B Parker, I Kennedy

Comment

Working...
                                X