Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 2K19- Free Agent League

That's a nice team. Better than mine, I think. I'm also in third place, 10 points out of first.

C - Chirinos
    1B - Bell, Voit, Santana
    2B - Dozier, Hiura (hoping for a call up soon), McMahon (just picked up when I read your post)
    SS - Gregorius
    3B - Senzel, Riley
    OF - Santana, Rosario, Hicks
    DL - Gennett

SP - Ryu, Castillo, Woodruff, Quintana, Boyd, Yamamoto (just picked up today as well)
    RP - Hicks, Smith, Kelley, Elias
    DL - Weaver
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Rookie League
    Second, 5 points out....been back and forth with the top team for a couple weeks now. He has played more games total to this point, so hoping I can take advantage of that down the st

C - Chirinos
    1B - Olson, Abreu
    2B - Gennett, B Lowe
    SS - J Polanco, Gregorius
    3B - H Dozier, Senzel
    OF - Betts, Blackmon, Marte, Y Alvarez

SP - Clevinger, McKay, day trade slot
    RP - Neris, Kennedy, Kelley, Hendriks, Urias
    DL - Kluber, Eovaldi

Quote Originally Posted by rsf View Post
    Second, 5 points out....been back and forth with the top team for a couple weeks now. He has played more games total to this point, so hoping I can take advantage of that down the st

C - Chirinos
    1B - Olson, Abreu
    2B - Gennett, B Lowe
    SS - J Polanco, Gregorius
    3B - H Dozier, Senzel
    OF - Betts, Blackmon, Marte, Y Alvarez

SP - Clevinger, McKay, day trade slot
    RP - Neris, Kennedy, Kelley, Hendriks, Urias
    DL - Kluber, Eovaldi
    that's a fine team ... altho you seem short on SP ... are you competitive in Ks & Ws or are you strategically dumping those cats?

Rookie League
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    that's a fine team ... altho you seem short on SP ... are you competitive in Ks & Ws or are you strategically dumping those cats?
    I've been streaming one starter a day, there's plenty of good options in the league. So, that plus the extra relievers has me 9 pts in wins and 8 in Ks right now. My assessment---rightly or wrongly---is that streaming is going to be as good as they guys I could retain, though as Clevinger shows I'll grab someone better on waivers if they appear. Gambling on McKay right now as well.

Steals is the big weak point right now---I am third to last, but it's very compressed: I'm 10 steals out of third in that one. So, I've added a little speed and if a MI with speed pops up I'll take the shot there.

Don't think there's a lot more trade options---several dead teams, a few who seem to be onto the 'trade the unproven guy who gets hot' move.

I've been streaming one starter a day, there's plenty of good options in the league. So, that plus the extra relievers has me 9 pts in wins and 8 in Ks right now. My assessment---rightly or wrongly---is that streaming is going to be as good as they guys I could retain, though as Clevinger shows I'll grab someone better on waivers if they appear. Gambling on McKay right now as well.

Steals is the big weak point right now---I am third to last, but it's very compressed: I'm 10 steals out of third in that one. So, I've added a little speed and if a MI with speed pops up I'll take the shot there.

Don't think there's a lot more trade options---several dead teams, a few who seem to be onto the 'trade the unproven guy who gets hot' move.
    nice ... that's a lot of work, I don't think I could make daily streaming work for me but getting 9 & 8 pts in Ws & Ks shows you're making it work.

re: the steals, we're still just past half way thru the season so there's lots of time to make things up ... in the last month I've got my BA up from .246 to .263

ASB Updates?

I'm tied for 2nd - 97-91.5-91.5 ; unlike past years my hitting is firing on all cylinders but I'm finding it difficult to get reliable starting pitching. I think it's gonna be tight right thru Sept.

Rookie League
    Second, 5 points back. Dogfight last few weeks, there's a very strong team ahead of me but he is also running ahead a lot on innings pitched, so if I can max out there I'll make up points in several categories.

Have lost touch with the pack on steals, that may be the place I could have managed better to categories. We'll see!

Second, 5 points back. Dogfight last few weeks, there's a very strong team ahead of me but he is also running ahead a lot on innings pitched, so if I can max out there I'll make up points in several categories.

Have lost touch with the pack on steals, that may be the place I could have managed better to categories. We'll see!
    nice. yeah I'm chasing the Mike Trout team ... I'm in 2nd, but further back, 103 - 91.5. It's possible but everything would have to work out just right.

So it's time for a Sept check-in ...

I'm still in second. While it's possible if everything goes just right, odds are i'll end up in second (I'm 10 pts back). My team ends up like this (not much tinkering expected in the last month) ...

C - W Contreras
    1B - P Alonso
    2B - D Gordon
    SS - G Lux (stuck with Segura far too long this year)
    3B - R Devers
    OF - M Kepler, S Marte, Y Puig
    UT - M Olson, V Robles, M Smith

SP - J Flaherty, S Gray, Y Darvish, L Castillo, C Hamels, L Lynn
    RP - C Martinez, I Kennedy, A Bradley, R Iglesias, J Leclerc, J Jiminez

Rookie League
    Neck and neck for me---I'm up 1 point today. Categories more favorable for me than the other guy but still could fall either way.

I've churned a lot of guys last few weeks. Currently rolling with
    C C Kelly
    1b Olsen
    2b Hiura/Berti
    SS Bichette/Lux
    3B Seager/Sano
    OF Marte
    OF Betts
    OF Blackmon, E Jimenez
    UTIL Jose Abreu
    UTIL Y Alvarez

SP Clevinger and day-trading
    RP (saves wrapped up already so focusing on k/9 types) N Anderson, Kahnle, W Harris, Henriks, Lugo, Neris, May