No announcement yet.

2K19- Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is nice being in 2nd place at this stage, though it is way too early to take that seriously. The activity has not been as heavy as what TranaGreg is seeing in his league, but some useful guys have been dropped for me to snag.

C: Alfaro
    1B: Cron, G.Bird
    2B: McMahon
    3B: A.Cabrera, McNeil, Lowrie (IL)
    SS: W.Adames, Hampson
    OF: Soler, D.Santana, A.Meadows, O.Herrera, Laureano
    SP: Minor, Paddack, McHugh, Skaggs, Eflin, Matz
    RP: S.Greene, Strop, S.Dominguez, Swarzak, Minter (IL)

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      so the league I'm in has had a pretty active waiver wire so far with lots of people chasing last night's stats ... and I've been jumping on almost everyone; I'm feeling pretty good about this team, this is probably the best FA hitting lineup I've ever put together.

C - W Contreras
      1B - Y Alonso
      2B - O Albies
      SS - K Marte
      3B - T Shaw
      OF - V Robles, D Santana, J Soler, D DeShields (R)
      UT - M Kepler, P Alonso
      G Polanco (IL), A Hicks(IL)

SP - L Castillo, T Glasnow, J Musgrove, M Pineda, L Weaver, J Junis, K Gibson
      RP - S Greene, S Dominguez, T May, M Givens, B Morrow (IL)
      That's a really nice team. Big fan of Robles and Shaw. Castillo could be nice too.

Comment

Somehow I've been sticking around the top half of the standings. Currently in 4th, 12.5 out of first. Here's my team at the moment

C - Alfaro
        1B - Voit, Bell, Cron (for now)
        2B - Lowe, Odor (just picked up in hopes he snaps out of it)
        SS - DeJong
        3B - T Beckham, Senzel
        OF - Santiago, Grichuk, A Jones
        DL - Wendle, Gennett

SP - Castillo, Gonzalez, Boyd, Matz, Shoemaker, Ryu
        RP - Givens, Hicks, May, Smith, Steckenrider

Wondering if Givens, May and Steckenrider are even worth hanging on to at this point. Jimenez, Hererra, Conley, Peralta and Elias are available. Not a real inspiring group. As for starters, Stroman, Rodon, Newcomb and Gray are available.

Is Wendle worth hanging on to or should I drop him, put Ryu on the DL and pick someone else up?
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I don't think Wendle is worth keeping. Nor Steckenrider. Probably not May either. Putting Ryu on the DL and getting rid of Wendle seems good to me. Or maybe there's a better DL stash out there somewhere.

I'm in 4th too, but I don't think it's sustainable.

Comment

yeah, I dumped Givens for Parker a while back - I agree, I don't see much reason to keep him or Steck. I agree with JC re: Wendle as well. I'm keeping an eye on Rodon also to see if he's maybe turned a corner this year.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Brandon Morrow is probably the most attractive DL stash. I think I'll just Ryu there.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

My gut keeps telling me that Morrow will not get his closing role back for at least a month or two after his return (unless Strop gets hurt or loses his slider command), but he is likely a better choice than many of the other relievers you have on your roster currently.

I think you can likely pick Wendle back up from the FA pool once he is healthy. He is floating out there in my league currently.

I am sitting in 2nd place (3.5 points out of first) despite having my team tossed into a live draft league instead of the autodraft one that I selected. I still feel like I do not have enough HR power on this team to sustain this standings position, which is making me hesitate replacing Cron with Yuli Gurriel once the latter clears waivers in a few days. My pitching is carrying me (1st in ERA and WHIP, 2nd in saves thanks to Greene, tied for 3rd in Ks, still close to the 1400 IP pace for the season).

C: Alfaro
                1B: Belt, Cron
                2B: McNeil, Hampson, McMahon (DL)
                3B: A.Cabrera, Goodrum, J.Lowrie (DL)
                SS: Swanson
                OF: O.Herrera, Meadows, D.Santana, Laureano, Soler
                SP: Matz, Paddack, Eflin, Minor, McHugh, Boyd
                RP: Greene, Minter, Strop, Swarzak

Comment

I like Rodon. I'd be grabbing him now just in case he's already turned it. He's long gone in my league.

Comment

Matt Carpenter was waived, I would assume he's worth using the 3rd waiver priority on. He got off to a slow start last year too.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Matt Carpenter was waived
                      This thread always amazes me. None of the players you guys pick up are ever available in my leagues. Are these free yahoo public leagues?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        This thread always amazes me. None of the players you guys pick up are ever available in my leagues. Are these free yahoo public leagues?
                        Yeah, I'm not totally clear on the origins of this exercise, but I think those doing it join some random free league, replace your drafted team with available free agents and see how competitive a savvy rotojunkie can be against a bunch of random schlubs starting at a severe disadvantage. I see it as grandmasters playing chess against novices but making it a challenge by removing their queen and rooks before the game begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Yeah, I'm not totally clear on the origins of this exercise, but I think those doing it join some random free league, replace your drafted team with available free agents and see how competitive a savvy rotojunkie can be against a bunch of random schlubs starting at a severe disadvantage. I see it as grandmasters playing chess against novices but making it a challenge by removing their queen and rooks before the game begins.
                          Yes, that's essentially what we do. The only difference is we draft really bad players (which makes the other teams just slightly better - as if they are drafting in an 11 team league) and then replace those players with the best leftovers. So it't not like we have a good drafted team and drop those players with leftovers. I can't remember how it started but I've been doing it about 10 years now. It's fun, I won it a while back. So, these are not experienced owners, they are very casual fans or people who just don't pay attention after April.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

More fun and challenging than fantasy bass fishing.

Comment

Burned my waiver priority over the weekend. Picked up Nelson Cruz. Hoping he proves to be worth it!

Comment

this league I'm in is crazy - Aaron Nola just got waived. I burned my priority on Ozzie Albies a couple of weeks ago so am sitting at 12 - odds are long - but who knows. And it's not just one team that's waiving good players, there are several that are burning through their rosters. I'm up to 44 moves so far.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X