2K19- Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19- Free Agent League

I saw that few people posted their teams in the 2017 free agent thread but I thought I'd start a new one. Please put your rosters in here so we can keep the conversation going. I picked my team this morning and starting pitching is really thin but closers/potential closers are plentiful. For some reason Giolito was drafted on my team but I'm keeping him anyway. He's not good enough for it to really matter for this exercise.

C - Iannetta
    CR - Morales, Gyorko
    MI - Walker, Semien, Beckham
    OF - Choo, Hicks, Altherr, M Smith, C Dickerson
    UT - McMahon

SP - Giolito, Manaea, Flaherty, Estrada
    RP - Kela, Boxberger, Parker, Ziegler, Jones, Soria, Strickland
    DL - Gregerson (who I guess I can drop now that Holland was signed; who was drafted so I can't pick him up)
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

C - C Ianetta
    1B - L Morrison
    2B - D Travis
    SS - O Arcia
    3B - M Chapman
    OF - B Zimmer, L Brinson, C Dickerson
    UT - S Schleber, Y Alonso,
    BN - J Soler, A Barnes, M Brantley

SP - D Bundy, M Shoemaker, T Roark, M Mikolas
    RP - B Boxberger, K Kela, N Jones, H Strickland
    BN - M Givens, M Estrada

When I drafted/replaced a couple of weeks ago I had zero closers, but have been able to pick up four just by paying attention. Yeah, SP is thin - I'm hopeful that this league is somewhat active & I can trade up - I see that 11 of the 12 teams have already made transactions, so there's that.

I think my offense can be middle of the pack as is, though I'm already 15 runs & rbis off the lead.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

this is going to be tough

C - Grandal
      1B - Pujols
      2B - Castro
      SS - Peraza
      3B - Davidson (but not on opening day)
      OF - Belt(might cut), L Brinson, M. Taylor
      UT - J Martinez, McMahon
      BN - M Smith, Alonso, Travis

SP - F Hernandez, Chatwood, Peacock, Suter, Folty
      RP - B Boxberger, Robertson, Devenski, H Strickland
      BN - Cobb,
      DL - Salazar

My methodology has always been trade saves for power or better SP as soon as possible - and also the same thing with steals

I am also going to see if any of your players are out there

Comment

I went & picked up Josh Fields this am, just in case ... I've also been able to pick up Hanley Ramirez & Cesar Hernandez on waivers & Danny Salazar to stash on my DL over the past few days.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

My offense is not very good.

C - Iannetta
          1B - Yonder Alonso
          2B - Neil Walker
          3B - Josh Harrison
          SS - Cozart
          OF - Choo
          OF - Reddick
          OF - Michael Taylor
          UT - Jose Martinez
          UT - Bradley Zimmer
          Bench - Brian McCann, Marcus Semien, Brian Anderson
          DL - Tyler Flowers, Aaron Hicks

SP - Jordan Montgomery, Odorizzi, Manaea, Wacha, Tyler Mahle
          RP - Peacock, Hunter Strickland, Kela, Addison Reed, AJ Minter

Comment

My offense sucks too. Big time, so I made a bunch of changes.

C - Iannetta
            CR - Belt, Davidson (after the 3 HR game)
            MI - Semien, Beckham, Escobar
            OF - Choo, M Smith, C Dickerson, Reddick, Tucker
            DL - Hicks

SP - Giolito, Manaea, Estrada, Bundy, Mahle, Wainright
            RP - Kela, Boxberger, Parker, Ziegler, Soria, Strickland
            DL - Salazar

I decided to try and pick up some players off to hot starts, they will be gone when they cool off but I couldn't wait too much longer as I'm really falling behind in R, HR and RBI.

I'm wondering if picking up Middleton for Parker would be a good move. I also don't really want to roster Ziegler, Steck and Barraclough are available.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

OK - I wasnt paying attention for a few days just due to frustation
              but a trade was accepted so I will check things out

I traded davidson and strickland
              for McCutcheon and Brantley

I am going to keep trading closers to upgrade hitters - Now I need to see what I can do for starting pitching

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                I'm wondering if picking up Middleton for Parker would be a good move. I also don't really want to roster Ziegler, Steck and Barraclough are available.
                I hope you acted on this, he's looking to be the guy.

I'm up to 35 moves so far ...

C - C Ianetta
                1B - H Ramirez
                2B - C Hernandez
                SS - A Simmons
                3B - M Chapman
                OF - M Brantley, L Brinson, C Dickerson
                UT - S Schleber, Y Alonso,
                BN - B Zimmer, S Schleber, L Morrison, S Souza (DL)

SP - D Bundy, T Roark, M Mikolas, V Velasquez
                RP - B Boxberger, K Kela, H Strickland, N Jones, A Ottavino
                BN - M Estrada, J Fields, D Salazar (DL)

I'm actually tied for 4th but it's smoke & mirrors as I've gotten lucky & have 12's in both ERA & ratio. That won't last with this roster. I'm thinking of trying to bundle Bundy & Boxberger to get a big name or two, tho having both Souza & Salazar joining in a few weeks (hopefully) should help.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  I hope you acted on this, he's looking to be the guy.

I'm up to 35 moves so far ...
                  Sadly, I didn't and someone picked him up a few hours ago. That's what I get for going out last night and being busy this morning/afternoon so I didn't look at anything till just now.

I'm at 34 moves so far, soon to be 35 when I drop Parker...

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Someone in my league just dropped Doolittle for Ottavino. Whaaaa?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Someone in my league just dropped Doolittle for Ottavino. Whaaaa?
                      that's funny, I just picked up Ottavino too ... but sure didn't drop a closer to do it!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        that's funny, I just picked up Ottavino too ... but sure didn't drop a closer to do it!

Good luck!
                        I have the 10th waiver spot so I doubt I'll get Doolittle but I'll put a claim in anyway.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Ian Happ cleared waivers in my league so I grabbed him. I'm not sure I believe in him, and he's been putrid, but he could be a nice flip if he puts together a good couple weeks, or he could figure it out and be a centerpiece of my offense.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            Ian Happ [sic] he's been putrid
                            I never understand these early season narratives (not just you, I see this everwhere).

Happ has had far too many strikeouts this year, but we saw that last year too. He had a rough first 3 games (although he obviously had a nice 1st pitch of the season).

Since then he's hitting .292/.346/.458

Is that really different than what we expected him to be?

He hit .321/.400/.811 with 7 HR and 3 SB in spring training which was just last month. Is the thought that he just suddenly forgot how to hit as soon as the regular season started?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I never understand these early season narratives (not just you, I see this everwhere).

Happ has had far too many strikeouts this year, but we saw that last year too. He had a rough first 3 games (although he obviously had a nice 1st pitch of the season).

Since then he's hitting .292/.346/.458

Is that really different than what we expected him to be?

He hit .321/.400/.811 with 7 HR and 3 SB in spring training which was just last month. Is the thought that he just suddenly forgot how to hit as soon as the regular season started?
                              45% K rate in 40 PAs is very, very bad. That's all I meant.

Comment

Working...
                              X