No announcement yet.

2K19- Free Agent League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess i'll only do one team this year and a FA H2H one. i tell you tho, they get made when you just draft players with funny names.

Comment

I'm probably happier with my arms than bats.

C - Yan Gomes
      1B - Kendrys Morales
      2B - Asdrubal
      3B - Mikael Franco
      SS - Jorge Polanco
      OF - Randal Grichuk
      OF - Matt Kemp
      OF - Max Kepler
      UT - Domingo Santana
      UT - CJ Cron
      BN - Joey Wendle and Greg Allen

SP - Skaggs, Musgrove, Luzardo, Matz, Jimmy Nelson
      RP - Matt Barnes, Ryan Pressly
      TBD - Corbin Burnes, Collin McHugh, Brad Peacock

Comment

one year i did this and drafted one week after the season started on yahoo. then i realized i could only make 6 moves a week.

i'm gonna draft 2 teams. one FA and another real. the real one is also H2H and punting HR's and RBI's. go pitching and SB heavy. last year i won doing this with half the league active.

i think you guys are making it harder by doing roto. you should at least give yourself a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          I'm probably happier with my arms than bats.

C - Yan Gomes
          1B - Kendrys Morales
          2B - Asdrubal
          3B - Mikael Franco
          SS - Jorge Polanco
          OF - Randal Grichuk
          OF - Matt Kemp
          OF - Max Kepler
          UT - Domingo Santana
          UT - CJ Cron
          BN - Joey Wendle and Greg Allen

SP - Skaggs, Musgrove, Luzardo, Matz, Jimmy Nelson
          RP - Matt Barnes, Ryan Pressly
          TBD - Corbin Burnes, Collin McHugh, Brad Peacock
          Weird, I really like your bats considering the handicap.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            one year i did this and drafted one week after the season started on yahoo. then i realized i could only make 6 moves a week.

i'm gonna draft 2 teams. one FA and another real. the real one is also H2H and punting HR's and RBI's. go pitching and SB heavy. last year i won doing this with half the league active.

i think you guys are making it harder by doing roto. you should at least give yourself a chance.
            so you're saying there's a chance???

a couple of years ago i won a FA H2H league ... now want to do it in roto ... this is the year, I'm sure of it!!! Soler will bash 40, Marte will go 20-20, and Pineda will win 20!!!
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              so you're saying there's a chance???

a couple of years ago i won a FA H2H league ... now want to do it in roto ... this is the year, I'm sure of it!!! Soler will bash 40, Marte will go 20-20, and Pineda will win 20!!!
              I won this a while back doing roto. Got really lucky with some pickups. I also won a league once where something like the first five picks I made were closers. Or maybe rounds 2-6 or something like that.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Rebuilt my team this morning. Yahoo annoyingly dumped my team into a live draft instead of the autopick draft I selected, so it seems like some positions were a bit more picked through than normal. I am sure it will not change my normal outcome of having fewer than 5 of these guys on my final roster.

C: Alfaro
                1B: Cron, R.Zimmerman
                2B: Lowrie, McMahon, Hampson
                3B: Asdrubal Cabrera, B.Anderson
                SS: Adames
                OF: Laureano, Margot, Grichuk, Markakis
                SP: Matz, Minor, McHugh, Eflin, Toussaint, J.Nelson, Skaggs
                RP: Dominguez, S.Green, Boxberger (likely will grab another one once Nelson hits the IL)

This morning, Senzel, A.Meadows, Jose Martinez, O.Herrera, and Cesar Hernandez were all dropped. I am pondering waivers for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
                  Rebuilt my team this morning. Yahoo annoyingly dumped my team into a live draft instead of the autopick draft I selected, so it seems like some positions were a bit more picked through than normal. I am sure it will not change my normal outcome of having fewer than 5 of these guys on my final roster.

C: Alfaro
                  1B: Cron, R.Zimmerman
                  2B: Lowrie, McMahon, Hampson
                  3B: Asdrubal Cabrera, B.Anderson
                  SS: Adames
                  OF: Laureano, Margot, Grichuk, Markakis
                  SP: Matz, Minor, McHugh, Eflin, Toussaint, J.Nelson, Skaggs
                  RP: Dominguez, S.Green, Boxberger (likely will grab another one once Nelson hits the IL)

This morning, Senzel, A.Meadows, Jose Martinez, O.Herrera, and Cesar Hernandez were all dropped. I am pondering waivers for all of them.
                  I like all of those guys but I don't think I'd burn a waiver pick on any of them yet. Hampson is nice to have, he's one of the guys I was hoping for.

Comment

in the past couple of weeks I've been able to pick up from waivers: W Contreras, G Polanco, O Herrera, and L Castillo.

C - W Contreras
                    1B - Y Alonso
                    2B - J Polanco
                    SS - K Marte
                    3B - J Candelario
                    OF - M Kepler
                    OF - D Santana
                    OF - O Herrera
                    UT - J Soler
                    UT - D DeShields

Rsv -K Hernandez (1, 2, S, F)
                    G Polanco (IL)

SP - L Castillo
                    SP - L Weaver
                    SP - M Pineda
                    SP - J Musgrove
                    SP - J Junis
                    SP - K Gibson
                    SP - T Toussaint

P - T May
                    RP - M Givens
                    RP - S Dominguez

RP - B Morrow (DL)
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

of course i get the first pick and take richard lovelady wonder what it's like going thru life with a last name like it. think his wife would keep her maiden name? i have the last waiver claim. i made sure to tell everyone in the live draft i was serious and not trying to ruin anything. you always have to warn them. if anything it makes them feel challenged. i'll still probably come close in the playoffs in H2H.

Comment

Buxton was on the FA list for a day or two and I just couldn't resist him any more. I feel like the ceiling is too high, or at least what I can get for him if he gets off to a hot start is too tough to resist.

C - Y Gomes
                        1B - K Morales
                        2B - Asdrubal
                        SS - J Polanco
                        3B - Moustakas
                        OF - Grichuk, Domingo Santana, Kepler
                        UT - DeJong, Cron
                        BN - Buxton, Laureano

SP - Glasnow, Stripling, Matt Strahm, Musgrove, Skaggs, McHugh, Jimmy Nelson
                        RP - Matt Barnes, Ryan Pressly, Seranthony, Kelvin Herrera

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Buxton was on the FA list for a day or two and I just couldn't resist him any more. I feel like the ceiling is too high, or at least what I can get for him if he gets off to a hot start is too tough to resist.
                          completely agree re Buxton - I'd probably use a waiver claim on him.

Comment

so someone in my league just waived Robles (for Holland!) ... I have the #3 waiver slot & was planning on holding it until an upper tier SP is waived after a couple of rough starts ... but I have to use it here, right???

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              so someone in my league just waived Robles (for Holland!) ... I have the #3 waiver slot & was planning on holding it until an upper tier SP is waived after a couple of rough starts ... but I have to use it here, right???
                              Yeah... I really like Robles. I would burn the waiver spot on him.

Comment

so the league I'm in has had a pretty active waiver wire so far with lots of people chasing last night's stats ... and I've been jumping on almost everyone; I'm feeling pretty good about this team, this is probably the best FA hitting lineup I've ever put together.

C - W Contreras
                                1B - Y Alonso
                                2B - O Albies
                                SS - K Marte
                                3B - T Shaw
                                OF - V Robles, D Santana, J Soler, D DeShields (R)
                                UT - M Kepler, P Alonso
                                G Polanco (IL), A Hicks(IL)

SP - L Castillo, T Glasnow, J Musgrove, M Pineda, L Weaver, J Junis, K Gibson
                                RP - S Greene, S Dominguez, T May, M Givens, B Morrow (IL)

Comment

Working...
                                X