Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Opening Day" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious, how long is the no-longer-eligible list?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Just curious, how long is the no-longer-eligible list?

J
      It looks like 13. BTW, Ohtani, Acuna and Torres will still be eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Thanks man, they're always a much appreciated resource.
        Very much so. The unique part of having a list tailored to somewhat more shorter term fantasy player needs is really cool.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Was offered $1 allard in a dump deal...How good is he? His 2018 numbers are pretty good right now

Offer is $1 allard, $3 almora, $22 Dickerson and 2 scrubs for $4vazquez, $19 vizcaino, $25 Carpenter and Lame-duck $5 schebler

What’s your thoughts on the offer???

Any comments are greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
            Was offered $1 allard in a dump deal...How good is he? His 2018 numbers are pretty good right now

Offer is $1 allard, $3 almora, $22 Dickerson and 2 scrubs for $4vazquez, $19 vizcaino, $25 Carpenter and Lame-duck $5 schebler

Seems OK to me, you really don't seem to be giving up all that much, other than a closer, who may not last all that long. Allard projects to be a #3 or 4 starter according to most, doesn't K a lot of guys, but has good control. I wouldn't make him the centerpiece of any package, but I wouldn't throw him out of a deal either.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post

Allard would seem to project to not more than a #3 starter, which is pretty good if he becomes that. Re: the deal, I guess it's OK. It looks like you're playing for the future instead of this year. Almora is a good keeper and Allard is a good prospect. Dickerson doesnt sound like a keeper at $22. The other guy obviously wants saves and Viz and Vasquez are 2 good closers whose roles/health for the rest of the year are in question. Vasquez, tho, is a very good keeper himself if there are no long-term health issues. I think I'd try to do a little better if possible but it doesnt seem bad.

Comment

Seems like a pretty light haul - Almora seems like a 4th outfielder and Allard is a low-upside SP prospect (his ERA and WHIP are nice but that K-rate is weak).

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  In case you hadnt heard, he's starting for the Cards on Wednesday. after which he'll likely be ineligible for this list.

Yes, he was a potential ace before the surgery and perhaps is now again. It will be interesting to see how he does this year.
                  I'd like to retract my statement.

On the bright side, he's still a rookie.... exactly.

Comment

Keston Hiura promoted to AA.

Comment

Thoughts on Hampson’s move to AAA and “struggles”? Seems like he’s not striking out but hits aren’t falling. Still getting some walks. Normal developmental challenges?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Thoughts on Hampson’s move to AAA and “struggles”? Seems like he’s not striking out but hits aren’t falling. Still getting some walks. Normal developmental challenges?
                        Nothing unusual. It typically takes a few weeks to adjust to a higher level anyway, and he's only been there a couple weeks. But his OPS at AAA is .771 which is not bad anyway.
                        Last edited by rhd; 06-02-2018, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deaccat View Post
                          Does anyone have thoughts on Blaze Jordan? I know super young. I am thinking of taking a flier on him in the last round of my M draft. We have a deep pool.

The top 50 guys on RHD's list are all gone. There are also many taken from beyond 50 as well. I am thinking the possible reward could be worth the risk as what is available to me with this last pick doesn't look too promising.

He actuallly is only 1 year younger than Maitan when I drafted him. I know it isn't looking great for Maitan but high high ceiling guys are what I am looking for and have had success with.

Not sure if anyone else cares about Blaze Jordan, but I read today that he is finishing High School after the 2020 season as a Junior and will be eligible for the MLB draft in June 2020. Many things could happen in his final year of HS ball next year, but he is almost a lock to be a top 10 pick in next years MLB draft. Our league has deep pool as well and I have protected my $2 Jordan for the last 2 years with the hope it will payoff. It is looking good as we are AL only and the first 3 picks are looking like Det, Bal and then KC. So a decent chance he will go to an AL team.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                            Not sure if anyone else cares about Blaze Jordan, but I read today that he is finishing High School after the 2020 season as a Junior and will be eligible for the MLB draft in June 2020. Many things could happen in his final year of HS ball next year, but he is almost a lock to be a top 10 pick in next years MLB draft. Our league has deep pool as well and I have protected my $2 Jordan for the last 2 years with the hope it will payoff. It is looking good as we are AL only and the first 3 picks are looking like Det, Bal and then KC. So a decent chance he will go to an AL team.
                            Dont know the details and I could be wrong but I heard that he applied to MLB to be eligible for the 2020 draft, altho he would be only a junior in the spring, and that MLB granted his request. Didnt know before that it was possible to make such a request. I think this must be something relatively new because otherwise why wouldnt Bryce Harper have done this instead of going thru the gyrations he did? Anyway, BA listed him as #8 among prep draftees, which should project to be somewhere around the middle of the 1st round. FG actually has him as far down as #33 overall rt now. The top 2 rt now seem to be Emerson Hancock and Spencer Torkelson, both collegians, and one of the top prep guys is Pete Crow-Armstrong.

Comment

Always good to hear from you RHD - nice to see you back posting. I saw a story on cbs/sportsline that they projected Jordan to go in the top 5 picks next year, but cbs is no BA. I think they have him listed at the SS position LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                Always good to hear from you RHD - nice to see you back posting. I saw a story on cbs/sportsline that they projected Jordan to go in the top 5 picks next year, but cbs is no BA. I think they have him listed at the SS position LOL.
                                Thanx, Cleo. I agree that listing Jordan as a SS seems LOL. He's 6'2, 218 lbs at 16 y/o. BA lists him as 1B. Actually, today BA did sort of a feature on Torkelson and Jordan today, saying that they could make it a precedent-setting draft next year. They're both right-right 1Bmen. Such a player has never been taken #1 overall, but BA said that lately collegiate rt-rt 1Bman taken in the 1st 10 picks have had pretty good careers. But no HS rt-rt 1Bmen have been taken in the 1st 10 picks in the last 40 yrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X