Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Opening Day" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm I was leaning Siri since he's so far away, hurt, and has plate discipline issues. Is his upside high enough that I could regret that decision?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Hmmmm I was leaning Siri since he's so far away, hurt, and has plate discipline issues. Is his upside high enough that I could regret that decision?
      Yes, I would say he has the most upside of any of these by far. Considerable risk w him but intriguing power-speed combo. BA says he has 80 speed and plus raw power. I dont think Schrock helps you this year unless injuries create an opportunity. The next guy I'd drop would be Diaz. Also risky but his power upside means he has more upside than Schrock.

Comment

Franmil Reyes, Padres OFer, is pretty far down on the prospect radar, but I had to give him a shout out on his bonkers run over the last five days. I know it is the PCL, so huge hunk of salt, but still, over the last 5 games--May 2-May 6th, the dude has 8 home runs. He has 13 on the year. Again, in the PCL, but also, he is only 22 in AAA, so that ain't too shaby. Most guys never have such a stretch of power once they leave high school.

Comment

Mauricio Dubon tore his ACL and is gone dor the year

Comment

White Sox prospect Jake Burger re-tore his achilles tendon. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              White Sox prospect Jake Burger re-tore his achilles tendon. Damn.
              Wait, what? How does that happen? Don't you have to wear a boot while it mends? In any event, that really sucks. 10 weeks of recover down the drain.

Comment

Red Sox LHP prospect Jason Groome will undergo Tommy John surgery.

Groome, 19, will undergo the procedure in the next 10 days. The left-hander was placed on the disabled list with what was being described as a minor flexor strain in April. The 12th overall pick of the 2016 draft, Groome has some of the best stuff of any southpaw in the minors, but he'll miss all of the 2018 season, and likely won't be back on the mound until the middle of 2019 at the earliest.
                Source: Boston Sports JournalMay 9 - 6:21 PM

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Red Sox LHP prospect Jason Groome will undergo Tommy John surgery.

Groome, 19, will undergo the procedure in the next 10 days. The left-hander was placed on the disabled list with what was being described as a minor flexor strain in April. The 12th overall pick of the 2016 draft, Groome has some of the best stuff of any southpaw in the minors, but he'll miss all of the 2018 season, and likely won't be back on the mound until the middle of 2019 at the earliest.
                  Source: Boston Sports JournalMay 9 - 6:21 PM
                  Moved out of my top 150 for a while.

Comment

Juan Soto promoted to AA !

---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Soto is gonna be a offensive juggernaut.

Comment

Sickels discusses his place in updated rookie list.

"Bottom line: Soto is certainly a Top Ten prospect at the moment, and waiting for Acuņa, Ohtani, and Torres to graduate off the list is the only thing keeping Soto out of the Top Five right now."

Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He's going to be at AAA in a few days! 2-2, 4 RBIs and a homer tonight so far at AA.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            He's going to be at AAA in a few days! 2-2, 4 RBIs and a homer tonight so far at AA.
                            Victor Robles who?

Comment

The Juan Soto legend has been great to watch... I've been playing mostly AL Only for the last 20 years, and I've never owned the studs in their prime. Closest I got was drafting Jose Bautista $6 or drafting Josh Donaldson $6 in the year's they broke out... but I don't think I've ever hit on a stud farm guy and kept them through maturation, like Trout currently in his final year for $20 on his original deal. Never done that before.

Hey, anybody also watching Garrett Hampson statlines semi-feverishly? 32 games, .306/.404/.488 in AA... 13 K/20 BB in 121 AB... 15 SB/1 CS... He could be a batting champion in Coors with Jose Altuve potential... maybe he only taps 10 HR power, but looks like a league leading base stealer, coming up in Coors could be a roto monster. I'm not making him available if I can help it (doubled up on him in both my NL leagues).
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                The Juan Soto legend has been great to watch... I've been playing mostly AL Only for the last 20 years, and I've never owned the studs in their prime. Closest I got was drafting Jose Bautista $6 or drafting Josh Donaldson $6 in the year's they broke out... but I don't think I've ever hit on a stud farm guy and kept them through maturation, like Trout currently in his final year for $20 on his original deal. Never done that before.

Hey, anybody also watching Garrett Hampson statlines semi-feverishly? 32 games, .306/.404/.488 in AA... 13 K/20 BB in 121 AB... 15 SB/1 CS... He could be a batting champion in Coors with Jose Altuve potential... maybe he only taps 10 HR power, but looks like a league leading base stealer, coming up in Coors could be a roto monster. I'm not making him available if I can help it (doubled up on him in both my NL leagues).
                                I'm sadly watching his progress, as I had him pretty high up on my list for our reserve round (we can only draft minor leaguers in our reserve round), but he went before I could snag him.

Comment

Working...
                                X