2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    In his first start in Memphis, Jack Flaherty went 7 innings, struck out 11, allowed 5 hits, 1 earned run, and didn't walk anyone. 72 of 103 pitches for strikes
    Of course he did. *insert snide comment about Adam Wainwright's feelings*

Comment

Waino back to the DL with "elbow inflammation" - looks like Jack's back, and hopefully to stay for good this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Waino back to the DL with "elbow inflammation" - looks like Jack's back, and hopefully to stay for good this time.
        Happy to hear that. He was available in our league and almost felt the urge to bid on him.

Comment

and Wainwright to the 60-day DL. Carson Kelly also to the DL, but they called up their chumpy guy in AAA to replace him, not their good prospect in AA (Knizner). Knizner was called up to AAA to fill in though.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'm trying not to Mith this, but Marcell Ozuna has been a total disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I'm trying not to Mith this, but Marcell Ozuna has been a total disaster.
              I was really hoping he was on one of Mith's teams and we'd get a quality Mith rant about him. Sadly, that appears to not be the case, so Ozuna may remain a loss for the rest of the year.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I was really hoping he was on one of Mith's teams and we'd get a quality Mith rant about him. Sadly, that appears to not be the case, so Ozuna may remain a loss for the rest of the year.
                Good article on Ozuna:

Comment

Bad news for DeJong owners:

Cardinals placed SS Paul DeJong on the 10-day disabled list with a fractured left hand. DeJong was hit on the hand by a pitch Thursday and subsequent X-rays revealed the bad news.
                  I was watching the game, and based on this, I've concluded DeJong is one of the tougher guys in baseball right now. Not only did he barely flinch after getting drilled - and, as it turned out, his hand broken - he had the ump convinced the ball hit his bat instead of his hand so he could keep hitting with runners on base. He was downright pissed when the trainer came out to examine his hand and the Cards requested a replay.

Comment

I was watching the game, and based on this, I've concluded DeJong is one of the tougher guys in baseball right now. Not only did he barely flinch after getting drilled - and, as it turned out, his hand broken - he had the ump convinced the ball hit his bat instead of his hand so he could keep hitting with runners on base. He was downright pissed when the trainer came out to examine his hand and the Cards requested a replay.
                    Yea I saw that too, baller.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Wait....THAT’S the pitch that broke a bone? I was watching too and it seemed like it barely touched him.

EDIT — needs surgery on his pinky, probably gone until after the AS Break.

Comment

Jordan Hicks hit 105 last night. Is there a chance he actually figures out what to do with it and becomes an elite reliever? Mauricio Cabrera never did.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Jordan Hicks hit 105 last night. Is there a chance he actually figures out what to do with it and becomes an elite reliever? Mauricio Cabrera never did.
                          Yes. Marginally better control would make him a good reliever, a second semi-reliable pitch would make him a very good reliever, and significantly better control and a second pitch would make him a beast.

Comment

Yes. Marginally better control would make him a good reliever, a second semi-reliable pitch would make him a very good reliever, and significantly better control and a second pitch would make him a beast.
                            Do you think any of those things will happen before his arm goes flying off?

Comment

Alex Reyes to be used as a starter when he returns from the DL next week.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Alex Reyes to be used as a starter when he returns from the DL next week.
                                That's the word coming from Cards brass, but who sits or do they go with 6 starters?

Weaver, C- Mart, Flaherty, Wacha, Mikolas are all solid. C-Mart is "supposed" to be back in 1 to 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X