2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Why can't more players do this? They can't all bunt as bad as Scherzer.
    I read an article on ESPN that basically summed this question up as "stubbornness" combined with an "arrogance" that power hitters aren't supposed to be bunting for singles.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Matt Carpenter bunted for a double yesterday against the shift.
      That was a sweet bunt.

Comment

This clip of Yadi Molina celebrating a Fowler HR before he hits it made me laugh.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Check out this crazy infield single by Paul DeJong today:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I read an article on ESPN that basically summed this question up as "stubbornness" combined with an "arrogance" that power hitters aren't supposed to be bunting for singles.
            Bunting against a major league pitcher who is trying to get you out is hard. If you're a slow runner, it's tough to bunt well enough to come out ahead, even against the shift with the third baseman playing way off the line. And the best you'll achieve by bunting for a hit a few times (not just once) is not to take the defense out of the shift but to keep the third baseman home while the rest of the infielders stay in the shift.

I'm not saying the numbers are always against it, but it's not the easy free base that some make it out to be.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Check out this crazy infield single by Paul DeJong today:
              That is some insane amount of sidespin. Wow.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                That is some insane amount of sidespin. Wow.
                Shocked he had the presence of mind to run that out.

Comment

Giovanny Gallegos is a no-show at Cardinals' camp. Gallegos remains in his native Mexico, and the Cards have not yet explained the reason for his absence.

And Jordan Hicks will begin the season on the IL as he still needs a little more rehab time before he's game-ready. Hicks had TJ surgery last June.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Miles Mikolas out for the season with right flexor tendon surgery.

Comment

• Outbreak on the Cards now - unknown number (implying more than one) and Brewers game postponed. No link, just heard on radio.

Edit to add: Here's a link: https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-b...140256840.html
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Outbreak on the Cards now - unknown number (implying more than one) and Brewers game postponed. No link, just heard on radio.

Edit to add: Here's a link: https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-b...140256840.html
                        And it might shut the Twins down too....I know we are supposed to embrace the chaos of the season and all, but man...I don't know how long this thing is gonna last if they cases keep popping up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          And it might shut the Twins down too....I know we are supposed to embrace the chaos of the season and all, but man...I don't know how long this thing is gonna last if they cases keep popping up.
                          They'll hit herd immunity pretty soon at this rate.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• am loving our league decision not only to suspend our Rotisserie play 'til 2021, but to have a silly slow draft in April.

all 12 of of us have 25-man rosters - no bench, no trades, no transactions of any kind. play it as it lies, as they say in golf.

8 of us elected to put in $25 apiece for a modest 3-level payout at season's end.

I lost Leake to COVID qualms last month, and own 3 Marlins pitchers and 1 Phillies pitcher.

one owner has FIVE Cardinals pitchers out of his 10, lol.

not enough money at stake to get worked up about COVID casualties - and of course, any team that thinks they are 'safe' could get upended at any moment.

so a silly league that reflects a silly season.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              They'll hit herd immunity pretty soon at this rate.
                              if only that worked

Comment

• The Cardinals place SP Kwang-Hyun Kim on the 10-day IL. No reason given.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X