2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    The Pirates have certainly done their part. Wainwright has two shutouts (8 & 9 ip) against them this month. And he will face them again next weekend.
    Wainwright ends up with 24 scoreless innings and 3 wins vs the Pirates in the month of August.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      His whole family will be at the game:

Loot Narsbaar
      Baar Lootnars
      Nars Bootlaar
      Noot Baarlars
      Boot Larsnaar
      Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Trivia question: which one of these is a product that cannot currently be purchased at Target stores in Minnesota?

Possible answers:
      A) The Lars Nootbaar.
      B) Looted Marsbars.
      C) Bootleg Narsbaars.
      D) Alternate answers? I can’t wait to hear from the pen’s inveterate punsters on these.
      How good can Lars be? What's his upside/keeper value (NL only) for next season? Should I get what I can for him at the trade deadline, or keep as a salary exempt minor leaguer (provided he doesn't exceed 130 ABs this year)?
      2021 Auction Anatomy
      2021 Keeper Decisions
      2020 Auction Anatomy
      2020 Pre-Auction
      2015 Auction Anatomy
      2014 Auction Anatomy
      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• The clock struck midnight on JA Happ as he gave up 7 ER in 1 IP against the Reds. He was benched and is now dropped in my AFA league as his next 2 matchups are the Dodgers and Reds.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          The clock struck midnight on JA Happ as he gave up 7 ER in 1 IP against the Reds. He was benched and is now dropped in my AFA league as his next 2 matchups are the Dodgers and Reds.
          I dropped him many moons ago but because he is a starting pitcher he has bounced around the league 2-3 times.

Comment

• Cards win big tonite and w the Reds' loss are now tied w them in the loss column. Still 1.5 G back overall for the 2nd wild card. Another strong outing for Waino.

Comment

• Disastrous game for the Cards today. Leading 5-1 in the 9th, Gallegos gives up a run, loads the bases, Reyes comes in and gives up a game-winning GS to Vogelbach. Now 3 games back for the 2nd wild card, behind 3 teams.

Comment

• Dont look now but the Cards hold the 2nd wild card spot in the NL.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Dont look now but the Cards hold the 2nd wild card spot in the NL.
                  On another Wainwright win.

Comment

• Cards w their 9th straight win tonite. Hottest team in MLB rt now. 3.5 G lead on the Reds for the last WC spot, and a 4-G lead in losses over both the Reds and Pads w only 13 G to play.

How about ARenado for MVP consideration? Hit another HR tonite (#33) and now has 101 RBI, trailing only Duvall w 105. Not having quite an MVP caliber yr but who has been more valuable to a team that is likely headed to the playoffs?

Oh yeah, and Lester got his 200th career win.

Comment

• 10th straight win! It's looking more and more like they'll get the 2nd WC.

Comment

• 14 straight now! Supposedly ties a franchise record. The Brewers may be lucky the season is ending when it is. And their reward for this impressive late-season surge is playing the 2nd best team in MLB on the road in an elimination game.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          14 straight now! Supposedly ties a franchise record. The Brewers may be lucky the season is ending when it is. And their reward for this impressive late-season surge is playing the 2nd best team in MLB on the road in an elimination game.
                          Alex Reyes now has as many wins as Clayton Kershaw, Corbin Burnes, Lance Lynn, and Lucas Giolito (10), despite being the closer for three-quarters of the season.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            Alex Reyes now has as many wins as Clayton Kershaw, Corbin Burnes, Lance Lynn, and Lucas Giolito (10), despite being the closer for three-quarters of the season.
                            I dropped Reyes....because i needed wins.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 15th straight! New franchise record, beating the 14-game streak from 1935. Magic number is 3 to make the playoffs.

Comment

• I'm really glad the Cards have to go through the entire NL West before facing either Milwaukee or the NL East winner.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X