2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    The Cardinals place SP Kwang-Hyun Kim on the 10-day IL. No reason given.
    Kwang-Hyun Kim was admitted to the emergency room Friday and was diagnosed with a kidney ailment.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Kwang-Hyun Kim was admitted to the emergency room Friday and was diagnosed with a kidney ailment.
      Hope not a kidney stone, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Cardinals place RP Giovanny Gallegos on the 10-day IL with a right groin strain.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cardinals recall OF Dylan Carlson.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dakota Hudson will undergo Tommy John surgery on his right elbow on Monday. See you in 2022.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bump for the 2K21 list.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Goldschmidt will bat 2nd this year, according to manager Mike Schildt.

How does this affect Goldy's RBI/Run totals?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Goldschmidt will bat 2nd this year, according to manager Mike Schildt.

How does this affect Goldy's RBI/Run totals?
                  He was balanced in his first full year at StL, so I'd expect runs up by 5-10 and RBI down a similar amount. I realize his sprint speed isn't good, but I wonder if Schildt will let him run a bit more and sneak back up to 8-10 SBs.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Harrison Bader out at least four weeks with the dreaded "forearm strain". And if Schildt's body language and tone of voice were any indication, four weeks is on the very hopeful side.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Harrison Bader out at least four weeks with the dreaded "forearm strain". And if Schildt's body language and tone of voice were any indication, four weeks is on the very hopeful side.
                      Lane Thomas would the the big winner here, correct? I guess they can move Edman to the OF and put Matt Carpenter at second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Lane Thomas would the the big winner here, correct? I guess they can move Edman to the OF and put Matt Carpenter at second.
                        Justin Williams as well - wondering if Thomas/Williams may be a platoon.

EDIT TO ADD: And maybe not on Williams - I thought he was out of options, but apparently he has one left. Makes me wonder if the Cards will get in the market for an OF like Puig.
                        Last edited by chancellor; 03-24-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Harrison Bader out at least four weeks with the dreaded "forearm strain". And if Schildt's body language and tone of voice were any indication, four weeks is on the very hopeful side.
                          Damn, loved him as a sleeper double digit power/speed guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            I think they're going to try the Carpenter thing first. Theoretically either O'Neill or Carlson could play CF so they have a lot of flexibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              I think they're going to try the Carpenter thing first. Theoretically either O'Neill or Carlson could play CF so they have a lot of flexibility.
                              Shildt said Carlson will be playing CF.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• So is Hicks actually the closer or what? I like Giovanny Gallegos quite a bit and am wondering whether to burn a mid-late round pick on him...
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X