Seranthony Dominguez - Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seranthony Dominguez - Phillies

Phillies bullpen, Seranthony Dominguez has looked good this spring. 96 mph fastball with movement and a nice slider and changeup. 10.9 k/9 last year in the minors in 2017, 14.5 k/9 so far this spring (5 ks in 4.2 innings...) Just gotta overtake Hunter and Neshek to be the closer in waiting...

Any opinions/ insight on Seranthony?
    Last edited by southcoast; 03-12-2018, 02:07 PM.

Isn't Neris the closer in Philly? He seemed to be serviceable last year.

Comment

Yes, Neris is closer. Meant to say overtake Hunter and Neshek to be the closer in waiting. Thanks, changed my post.

Comment

Dominguez is young and a couple years away. They do like what they see of him, though.
        Bearin' up!

Comment

He was demoted to minor league camp today.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            He was demoted to minor league camp today.
            Yes, I saw that. According to Rotoworld, "There's talk that the hard-throwing 23-year-old right-hander might work as Reading's closer to open the 2018 season". I am going to keep my eye on Sir Anthony.... I am in a deep NL only league so he could have some value eventually.

Comment

With Robertson sucking, so is Dominguez. His velocity is down and you couple that with the way the Phillies use their relievers, I don't see a whole lot of upside in the near future. Thoughts? He still throws hard enough and will help you with K's, but is that enough? Especially if he's giving up runs and doesn't seem to be a favorite for full-time closer duty.

Comment

Dropped him for Yonny Chirinos. I doubt that can cause too much harm even if I'm wrong.

Comment

Near future? Think more towards the long future. It is one bad game so maybe you should wait before hitting the panic button. The Phillies bullpen Roberston has been worse and Neris also gave up couple of ER opening day so none of the Phillies top end relievers have pretty ERA and WHIP right now. Way too early to be concern.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    Near future? Think more towards the long future. It is one bad game so maybe you should wait before hitting the panic button. The Phillies bullpen Roberston has been worse and Neris also gave up couple of ER opening day so none of the Phillies top end relievers have pretty ERA and WHIP right now. Way too early to be concern.
                    I don't value closers as much as some do and when you factor in the Phillies manager usage of relievers, there is no clear path for long term usage of Dominguez as a closer IMO. I already have Hand, LeClerc, Kimbrel, and Morrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X