Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank your MI flyers...

5x5 MLB

This player will fill your MI slot. Who do you pick?

DeJong
    Arcia
    Semien
    Swanson
    Peraza
    Beckham

Arcia
    DeJong
    ~~~~~~~
    Semien
    Peraza
    Beckham
    Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
      5x5 MLB

DeJong
      Arcia
      Semien
      Swanson
      Peraza
      Beckham
      Arcia
      DeJong
      Semien
      Beckham
      Peraza
      Swanson

Comment

Two votes for Arcia over DeJong. Interesting...

Comment

I'll give the dreaded "It depends" answer. If you review your hitters, and you're power-light, I'd take DeJong. Need some speed and don't want to put BA at risk, take Arcia.

Want both power and speed, and are safe in BA? Then I take Semien. Of the three, he's the most likely to deliver 20 HR power with 15-20 SBs, but you take about a 25 point BA hit with him.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'll give the dreaded "It depends" answer. If you review your hitters, and you're power-light, I'd take DeJong. Need some speed and don't want to put BA at risk, take Arcia.

Want both power and speed, and are safe in BA? Then I take Semien. Of the three, he's the most likely to deliver 20 HR power with 15-20 SBs, but you take about a 25 point BA hit with him.
            Good advice.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Random follow up question. Add Odubel Herrera to that list. Consider position to be irrelevant. Where does he sit?

Comment

I'm on the Semian bandwagon, I think that he's a legitimate 20/20 plus candidate this year, and there's nobody else in that area other than Arcia. I don't trust DeJong after seeing the Diaz implosion, and how the Cards handled it. According to fangraphs, DeJong ranked 211th in BB/K rate (0.31) and 160th in average exit velocity (86.4). That doesn't inspire me with confidence that he's going to be able to repeat what he did last year.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I don't trust DeJong after seeing the Diaz implosion, and how the Cards handled it.
                  I used to be in the same camp with some skepticism. The long term extension that the Cards gave DeJong makes that comparison no longer relevant IMO. They aren't going to handle him the same way knowing that they are committed to him with a long term contract now.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  That doesn't inspire me with confidence that he's going to be able to repeat what he did last year.
                  I agree. To be certain he won't repeat the average. If you are paying for the average then you are overpaying. I think you have to discount his BA down to the .250-.260 area and then compare.

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
                    5x5 MLB

DeJong
                    Arcia
                    Semien
                    Swanson
                    Peraza
                    Beckham
                    I think you meant to write "Rank my MI flyers" because if we were writing about mine it the list would look a whole lot different.

Brad Miller
                    Ehire Adrianza
                    Troy Tulowitzki
                    Jose Iglesias
                    Taylor Motter
                    Adeiny Hechavarria

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I think you meant to write "Rank my MI flyers" because if we were writing about mine it the list would look a whole lot different.

Brad Miller
                      Ehire Adrianza
                      Troy Tulowitzki
                      Jose Iglesias
                      Taylor Motter
                      Adeiny Hechavarria
                      Puke. No one wants to see yours Gregg. Put those things away. This is like when I get home from a long day of work and sit down to eat and my wife turns on My 600-lb Life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Puke. No one wants to see yours Gregg. Put those things away. This is like when I get home from a long day of work and sit down to eat and my wife turns on My 600-lb Life.

Nicely played.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Biggest Loser says hi too.

Comment

Working...
                          X