Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBI only League

Hello
    Im in mixed RBI League and need some insight .
    8 team league snake draft
    we draft 1 player at each position and a DH
    So 9 players total
    unlimited moves and only 2 DL moves for the year .
    Was seeking help on how you would go about drafting players for this league And your strategy .
    would you go after all players batting 3rd or 4th
    Or get the weaker position top rbi guys at that position example catchers 2ndbase
    Thanks

Geez. I know this is not helpful, but I wouldn't even try to play a league like that. Just draft guys from good offensive teams. Then again, your handle says it all about why this league is for you. As for catchers, yeah, go for the 2-3 that might get real RBI's early, but after that (if you don't get Posey, Sanchez, or Contreras) make them your last two picks because nobody else will get them.

Comment

give me a scoring system and a talent pool, and I'll draft anything.

8 team snake means that as soon as you see that one of your guys is underperforming, cut him, replacement value will be huge. 3/4/5 on offensive teams, I would try to get a C or SS in my 1st 2 rounds as top 3 vs 6,7,8 might be 40 RBI
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Wilson Contreras hit 74 rbi in 377abs last year. I expect him to get 100 more abs and hit 100 rbi.

Sanchez hit 90 in 471 not a bad second choice.

I would seriously consider Contreras in the first round.

Comment

I also play in a NL 5X5 league for 25 years.
          Came across this league 3 years ago its actually fun league rooting for your guys to get a RBI or hitting a Home run
          Yes after those 3 catchers it is slim pickings .
          thanks everyone else for there insight

Comment

Drafted 7th in a 7 team league
            C. Wilson contreas
            1ST joey votto
            2ND jose altuve
            3RD jake lamb
            SS ELVIS ANDRUS
            OF Adam Duvall
            OF Domingo Santana
            OF JUSTIN UPTON
            DH GIANCARIO STANTON

Whats your take on Lamb
            Travis shaw is still available in the free agent pool

Comment

Votto is like the one guy known for bad RBI totals.

I would take Shaw over Lamb. Duvall and Santana will have limited ABs so they're very risky.

Comment

Hello Guys
                Back in my RBI league only league this year again .
                Ended up in last place last year out of 7 teams .
                Stanton and contreas were bust .
                would appreciate any suggestions on how to do better this year.
                I think the key to doing well is to make moves if your players are doing poorly and not producing .

8 team league snake draft mixed league
                we draft 1 player at each position and a DH
                So 9 players total
                unlimited moves and only 2 DL moves for the year .
                Was seeking help on how you would go about drafting players for this league And your strategy .

Comment

Agreed that you have to make moves quickly in a league like that---with 7 teams and 8 players, the waiver wire might be able to produce a team that wins, lol. I'd avoid catchers altogether this year and grab someone at the end; they are all junk. Alternatively, take Realmuto in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Agreed that you have to make moves quickly in a league like that---with 7 teams and 8 players, the waiver wire might be able to produce a team that wins, lol. I'd avoid catchers altogether this year and grab someone at the end; they are all junk. Alternatively, take Realmuto in the first round.
                    Thank you

Comment

Agreed, if you can't get Realmuto in the first round, then just focus on the 3/4/5 hitters on offensive powerhouse teams. Middle infield is reasonably deep for RBI, so don't reach too high on position scarcity grounds other than for Realmuto. (Sanchez is an injury risk and Sal Perez is already injured/may miss the season.)

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        give me a scoring system and a talent pool, and I'll draft anything.
                        right? Didn't we do total bases for hitters and total bases given up for pitchers a few years back?
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          right? Didn't we do total bases for hitters and total bases given up for pitchers a few years back?
                          yep, our "total bases" league, which I thought was awesome, didn't you end up winning?
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            I hope there was an innings minimum, otherwise I'm drafting injured pitchers and pitchers in A ball for that league

Zero total bases given up!

Comment

nomar mazara only had 77 last year but he has decent RBI averages the last few years. i would focus also on players that hit good with RISP and averaging a decent amount RBI's last 3 years. hanigar, lowrie, if the price is right. i am not sure if i like danny jansen at C for Tor. teams with batters that have good leadoff men with speed and OBP

Comment

Working...
                              X