NL keeper list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL keeper list

I have a good idea about who to keep on this list....just want to confirm my thinking among the geniuses here. This is a 10-teamer with unlimited keepers as long as the contract allows. Inflation is there, but not as bad as you might think (the top players in the pool went for around $40 last year, give or take - these owners are gun-shy about spending more than that). Thanks in advance!

Alex Avila ($5 contact year)
    Jonathan Lucroy (16, contract year)
    Wilmer Flores ($2)
    Chris Owings (5 contract year)
    Dansby Swanson (15, contract year, can only drop with a penalty)
    Miguel Rojas (5, contract year)
    Trevor Story (29)
    Cesar Hernandez 2B (12)
    Chris Taylor (5, contract year)
    Yoenis Cespedes (30, contract year)
    Billy Hamilton (28, can only drop with a penalty)
    Bryce Harper (35, expiring contract)
    Joc Pederson (20)
    Raimel Tapia (15)

Chase Anderson (5, contract year)
    Brad Hand (5, contract year)
    Chad Bettis (5, contract year)
    Sam Dyson (15, contract year)
    Jeff Hoffman (10, contract year)
    Brandon Woodruff (5, contract year)

FARM
    Rhys Hoskins (2)

Wilmer Flores ($2)
    Dansby Swanson (15, contract year, can only drop with a penalty) depends on the penalty but I'd probably pay it and try t redraft at a lower rate.
    Cesar Hernandez 2B (12)
    Billy Hamilton (28, can only drop with a penalty) ?
    Raimel Tapia (15) if I keep Hamilton I'd probably drop Tapia

Brandon Woodruff (5, contract year)

FARM
    Rhys Hoskins (2)[/QUOTE]

You're all-in on the Rockies pitching, eh Pauly?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
      You're all-in on the Rockies pitching, eh Pauly?
      Thanks man. Just to clarify, the penalty is half the value of the contract to the kitty. I am working the phones trying to trade Swanson...I just acquired him in a deal (traded Melancon and JP Crawford for Avila, Swanson, Hamilton and Anderson). Somehow those Rockies pitchers were the scraps left over from last year (Brewers too). I find it interesting that Woodruff makes the list.

Comment

I guess I'll be the pessimist here. Without much inflation I'd cut it way down:

Bryce Harper
        Wilmer Flores
        Chris Owings
        Chris Taylor
        Billy Hamilton (stretching it but I'd overpay for the steals)
        Chase Anderson
        Brad Hand
        Rhys Hoskins

Seems like the rest you could buy at auction for what you have them at. 10 teamer makes a big difference here, in a 12 team league my answer would be different.

Comment

I'd add Avila to Ken's list, but that's it. I like Woodruff, too, but chances are you can get him back for 5 or less. There's a good argument Cesar Hernandez has $4-6 profit in him at 12, but it's not like he did anything last year that should drive up his price.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I'd add Avila to Ken's list, but that's it.
            If Avila repeated his 2017 numbers he'd earn you back around $8. But it was a career year in an ideal situation (he was able to DH and play 1B, two things he likely won't do much in Arizona). I'd expect some regression which makes $5 fine, but not something I'd be worried about keeping.

Side note, Avila has only played half a season in the NL, how is he already in a contract year in an NL only? I guess maybe FAAB guys are automatically contract year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I guess maybe FAAB guys are automatically contract year?
              This is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                I have a good idea about who to keep on this list....just want to confirm my thinking among the geniuses here. This is a 10-teamer with unlimited keepers as long as the contract allows. Inflation is there, but not as bad as you might think (the top players in the pool went for around $40 last year, give or take - these owners are gun-shy about spending more than that). Thanks in advance!

Wilmer Flores ($2)
                Dansby Swanson (15, contract year, can only drop with a penalty)********I just have a gut feeling this is his year to come out.
                Miguel Rojas (5, contract year)**********pay the penalty
                Trevor Story (29)
                Cesar Hernandez 2B (12)*******I would keep if not for good chance he won't be the 2B after April. I'd watch for a trade and see where he goes before deciding.
                Billy Hamilton (28, can only drop with a penalty)

Raimel Tapia (15)---Watch the OF situation closely before deciding. Right now it's a mess trying to figure out who has a job.

Chad Bettis (5, contract year)******I'd buy him and the next 3 out if that works financially.
                Sam Dyson (15, contract year)***********
                Jeff Hoffman (10, contract year)************
                Brandon Woodruff (5, contract year)***************

FARM
                Rhys Hoskins (2)
                Above.
                Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  If Avila repeated his 2017 numbers he'd earn you back around $8. But it was a career year in an ideal situation (he was able to DH and play 1B, two things he likely won't do much in Arizona). I'd expect some regression which makes $5 fine, but not something I'd be worried about keeping.

Side note, Avila has only played half a season in the NL, how is he already in a contract year in an NL only? I guess maybe FAAB guys are automatically contract year?
                  Nice catch on the FAAB.

My issue with Avila is the at bats. With Mathis and Herrmann cutting into them I would pass. I might think twice if it was an OBP league.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    My issue with Avila is the at bats. With Mathis and Herrmann cutting into them I would pass. I might think twice if it was an OBP league.
                    Good point, I agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X