Looking for Old School Roto Junkies for a free, fun auction redraft on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Old School Roto Junkies for a free, fun auction redraft on ESPN

Introducing The Blum Apricot Meatloaf League (hat tip to BigJonEmpire for the name), this league is the result of a semi-hijack of the New York Mets thread in the main forum. Looking for a bunch of old-school RJ guys for a league just for fun. I have set one up on ESPN. I have set it as a 16-team mixed league, but will adjust based on interest. Since the idea is old school, I have made it the traditional rosters (2 C, standard other positions with 9 pitchers). Since the other idea is that it is just for fun and shits and giggles, I have made it redraft, weekly lineup changes, with the week starting Monday. Really, most settings are flexible to me if everyone wants something.

I was going to set it as a password league with the password being the original proprietor of RJ and anyone who knew it could get in, but it appears that ESPN does not have that setting. Accordingly, I'll just need anyone interested to send me a private message with their e-mail so I can invite you.

My initial inclination is an auction of the March 17-18 weekend because my local league draft weekend is the 24th-25th, but that can be modified as well; if we need to do a weeknight, a snake draft might be necessary to get it all done at a reasonable time, but ESPN's auctions are usually reasonable with the time.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc., please post here. For joining, send me a private message.

It's good to be back!

So far, we have only five who have expressed interest. Anyone else? New school RJ'ers welcome, too.

Comment

I can be in as long as the meatloaf part of the league name is changed to pot roast.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Oh, geez, I did screw that up. It has been so long. I will change it.

Comment

You had me until baseball...
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Possibly. Have to check the home calendar - weekends can be a bit dodgy.

Comment

I haven't played in going on 8 years, but I might be willing to come back in the fray and know I'll probably end in the bottom 4th of the league.
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                Possibly. Have to check the home calendar - weekends can be a bit dodgy.
                I am now more leaning to a weeknight; everybody has local/priority drafts and that kills all the relevant weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                  I haven't played in going on 8 years, but I might be willing to come back in the fray and know I'll probably end in the bottom 4th of the league.
                  Sounds good! Shoot me your e-mail address, and I'll send you an invite.

Comment

Email sent
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I didn't get it. How did you send it to me? Private message is easiest.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        Sounds good! Shoot me your e-mail address, and I'll send you an invite.
                        Sent a PM.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

One former bartender reporting for duty.

Comment

seeing the luminaries who have signed up, sure, why not.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              seeing the luminaries who have signed up, sure, why not.
                              Excellent, just PM me your e-mail, and I'll send you an invite.

Comment

Working...
                              X