Looking for Old School Roto Junkies for a free, fun auction redraft on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my preference is 3 but any are good.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Looks like we are going to be 12. That gives us three choices, I am cool with any of them, so please say what you want, and I'll go with the majority or plurality.

1. We can stay with normal rosters and mixed. It will be shallow, but this is just for fun, so that's cool.

2. We can stay with mixed and expand rosters to make it deeper. Maybe add an extra utility, and second catcher, and an INF slot, plus 2-3 extra pitchers.

3. We can go to an only league.
      It sounds like we're up to at least 13 teams now. I'd prefer mixed and am okay with expanding rosters.

Comment

If we are up to 13, that's news to me, but would be great. We are showing 13 teams now, but TranaGreg is out per this thread.

Comment

Ah, it wasn't the thread. He confirmed he was out by PM.

Comment

And please keep letting me know your preferences. If we don't get any more teams, I'll decide on Sunday how to do this. So far it is two for an only league (one preferring AL), and one preferring mixed with or without expanded rosters.

Comment

If it's 12 or less, I'd prefer an only league
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

My apologies but I forgot I'll be entertaining guests next week and won't be able to participate.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Now we're at 11. I am afraid we are in trouble for a mixed league now.

Comment

I posted a poll on the league page, please vote. The choices are to open to the public to get 3 more and do mixed, NL only, and AL only.

Comment

I posted a poll on the league page, please vote. The choices are to open to the public to get 3 more and do mixed, NL only, and AL only.
                      I voted for AL only, since my one other league is NL only.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        I voted for AL only, since my one other league is NL only.
                        A small ray of hope for 14-team mixed---I had my pre-draft lunch for my local league today and there were 2-3 guys who might jump in if nobody objects. I know two of them used to be on here ages ago (hell, found the league through here). So, if anyone objects to filling the league that way, let me know quickly because that draft is tomorrow and I'll have them on board or not then.

Comment

A small ray of hope for 14-team mixed---I had my pre-draft lunch for my local league today and there were 2-3 guys who might jump in if nobody objects. I know two of them used to be on here ages ago (hell, found the league through here). So, if anyone objects to filling the league that way, let me know quickly because that draft is tomorrow and I'll have them on board or not then.
                          Fine by me. I'm happy with 14-team mixed, with 11-team AL as a fallback.

Comment

I'm open to whatever.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

When are we making a call and locking in? I don't know if everyone's planning to just wing it on Wednesday night based on your encyclopedic knowledge base, but I at least want to have a few days knowing the player pool we'll be bidding on.

Comment

I am going to make the final call tonight, for the reasons you mentioned. I have not heard from my people, so that does not look like it is going to happen. I will go with whatever is winning the vote in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X