Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overreact to Spring Training Games Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overreact to Spring Training Games Here!

and we're back!

Tyler White starting at 2B for the Astros??

let's get at this!

Curtis Granderson with the leadoff HR in his first AB as a Blue Jay. is 50 HRs too low? Giancarlo who???
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

sleeper MVP candidate?

02.23: Matt Kemp went 2-for-2 with a three-run homer in the Dodgers'13-5 victory over the White Sox to
      begin Cactus League play. (Welcome back, Matt Kemp. The Dodgers reacquired the veteran outfielder in a swap of bad contracts with the Braves during the offseason. Most assumed the Dodgers wouldn't keep him around for long, but he's in the mix for playing time in left field and is clearly motivated to get back on track after being plagued with leg issues in 2017. He looks noticeably slimmer. Enrique Hernandez, another part of the left field competition, also went deep on Friday.)
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

deGrom cut his hair! I didn't even recognize him!

Comment

Faria gives up 3 runs in 2 /3 of an inning and looked like he was throwing bp.

Comment

Making his MLB debut in Saturday's Cactus League win over the Brewers, Shohei Ohtani surrendered two runs (one earned) on two hits including a Keon Broxton home run while striking out two over 1 1/3 innings. BUST!
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Acuna went 0-3 with 2K. Probably best to drop him now. Another over-hyped player.

Comment

Trevor Bauer K's all six batters in two perfect innings while throwing 24 of 28 pitches for strikes! He's going to strike out 400 this year and run away with the Cy Young.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

sleeper ROY candidate takes a fall

02.25: Tim Tebow suffered an ankle injury on Sunday when he tripped over a sprinkler head in the outfield. (He'll undergo a precautionary X-ray to determine the severity of the injury. If there's nothing serious revealed, manager Mickey Callaway revealed that Tebow could serve as the DH in a spring training game on Monday.)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Kyle Schwarber has no extra base hits and stole second and third off Bumgarner/Posey today. He must have really rebuilt his physique.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

uh, followup on that one - he doesn't even look like the same person.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        uh, followup on that one - he doesn't even look like the same person.

https://twitter.com/realcubsinsider/...99265564581888
                        are we sure that's not a video game rendering???
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Noah Syndergaard does NOT hit 100 MPH on 11 of 22 pitches. Panic now!
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

02.28: Bryce Harper was scratched from the Nationals' Grapefruit League lineup on Wednesday due to an ingrown toenail.

My takeaway: out until All-Star break. avoid in all formats.

(he really is missing a game with an ingrown toenail, though)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                            X