Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overreact to Spring Training Games Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim Tebow is only 4 for 27 with 8 K's and 1 BB and a .355 OPS. He'll never be a major-leaguer outside of publicity stunts.

Oops. Wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Tim Tebow is only 4 for 27 with 8 K's and 1 BB and a .355 OPS. He'll never be a major-leaguer outside of publicity stunts.

Oops. Wrong thread.
      But yet he continues to get promoted in the Mets system.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        But yet he continues to get promoted in the Mets system.
        Maybe that because about a week and half ago he drove Harvey pitch into right center. Oh wait maybe that says more about Harvey than Tebow.

Comment

meanwhile, Russell Wilson is in uniform in Yankees camp.
          yes, THAT Russell Wilson.

maybe he'll quit the NFL?
          #overreactionthread
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            meanwhile, Russell Wilson is in uniform in Yankees camp.
            yes, THAT Russell Wilson.

maybe he'll quit the NFL?
            #overreactionthread
            He doesn't actually play in games like some celebrities like Garth Brooks, Kevin Costner, and Tom Selleck. He was an actual minor league player once, so he probably would do much, much better, but alas, there are contractual considerations to think about. (And yeah, if I were the Seahawks I would be like "oh, hell no.")

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              02.28: Bryce Harper was scratched from the Nationals' Grapefruit League lineup on Wednesday due to an ingrown toenail.

My takeaway: out until All-Star break. avoid in all formats.

(he really is missing a game with an ingrown toenail, though)
              Mets medical would amputate
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                Mets medical would amputate
                They'd amputate the wrong toe.

Comment

Ian Happ a lock for 50 jacks.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Ian Happ a lock for 50 jacks.
                    And 50 rbi. All his hrs are from the lead off position.

Comment

Ohtani strikes out 8 of the 12 Brewers "b" team hitters that that he faced Friday while giving up two runs. Pretty sure that "b" stands for best, so Ohtani should be considered a top 5 pitcher now.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jason Kipnis with 5 home runs in the first week. He should easily reach 50 this year.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Jason Kipnis with 5 home runs in the first week. He should easily reach 50 this year.
                          He isn’t quite THAT old yet, is he?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            6th today.

Trout or Kipnis???
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

This is actually pretty cool, I'm not sure if it's new to bbref this year or if I just didn't know about it.

Note the OppQual column - that's a rating of how tough the pitchers they've faced have been by what level they played at last year. Makes it easier to see that Kyle Jensen, for example, is hitting against AA-level pitchers for the most part, but Kipnis is hitting against AAA/majors guys.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Travis Jankowski just jacked his 2nd and 3rd homers of the Spring today. Power surge for the speedster! 30-30?

Comment

Working...
                                X