Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Things I Used To Do...

Yeah, it's been a time.

Not really sure why I've come back. My interest in baseball is dead, sad to say. My line was crossed when instant replay started. Everyday interleague play and the Astros/Brewers effectively switching leagues over a 20-year period (explain to me again why we need 2 AL teams in Texas?) pushed me really close to the edge.

I've undergone a lot of personal changes as well. My wife and I are separated (my doing) and I moved out in October. I have 50% custody of our girls and am doing 90% of the parenting. Fortunately, I moved closer to where the girls go to school and I have them for the majority of each school week, so it's working out. Our house is on the market and once it sells, we'll be able to finalize the divorce, which we're mediating. I've legit lost 20 pounds, partly because I waited tables for six months at a craft beer bar/restaurant to keep food on the table. (I'm not doing that anymore.) I started doing yoga in November and that's helped tremendously as well.

I just launched my own website, ciderlikewine.com. It hosts my blog (advocating, oddly enough, for cider that is like wine) and my new consulting business (which is focused on sales and marketing work for cider producers), which I'm fully investing in to make work. I have a lot of irons in the fire and I expect some of them will pan out sooner or later. I "left" the distributor I was working for midway through last year. While the timing wasn't desirable, it was long overdue. I had grown pretty miserable there, particularly over the past few years.

Dating for the first time in sixteen years is pretty darn weird. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Nice to see some familiar faces still hanging about.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

welcome back

Comment

welcome back. sounds like you're well on your way to the new normal.

we found a cider last year from a winery up here that's outstanding; plan on enjoying lots of it this spring/summer.

and at some point, yeah, we probably would like to hear what dating in 2018 is like
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Long John -

Ive been here for as long as I can remember and I know I havent played in a league for easily 10 years. Welcome Back! Life has a way of changing and we seem to navigate it.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Funny that we both wandered back at around the same time. Good to see you, friend. Sorry to hear about the turmoil, but it sounds like you're doing right by you and the girls, which is what's most important!

Comment

hot chick yoga is the way to go in 2018
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              hot chick yoga is the way to go in 2018
              Waaaayyyy ahead of you. My kid sister owns a yoga studio not 15 mins away and had already told me I can go and take class whenever I want. I've been building my practice since Nov.

Namaste.
              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

i wandered back in too - nice to see you all.
                ive done the divorce thing.. its horrible, but mine was totally worth it in the end.

i too did a career change at the ripe old age of 44.. i do not recommend it, but if its unavoidable.. you have to do what puts food on the table.

glad to see you all.. glad to be here..
                I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.

Comment

Good to see you, as well [echo].

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                    Not really sure why I keep coming back either..
                    Maybe you just wanted to wish Midnight Otter a Happy Birthday ? Or Bernie Brewer ?
                    --------------------------------------
                    You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

It was mostly to see you again. My current celebrity crushes:

1)Gal Gadot
                      2) Lzzy Hale
                      3) Hi.I'm.Mandy

Your only third because of the relatively small volume of your work that I'm aware of.
                      yeah but we all know that even if Mandy had Meryl Streep's resume she'd still only make it to #2.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Wow, this is amazing!

[echo], B-Fly and Long John come back in a 2-3 week window!

Welcome back boys! First round is on me!

Bartender???!!!!

Where is the hell did he go? And who stole the moose head? Damnit!

Hey, just my welcome!

Gris

Comment

It was mostly to see you again. My current celebrity crushes:

1)Gal Gadot
                          2) Lzzy Hale
                          3) Hi.I'm.Mandy

Your only third because of the relatively small volume of your work that I'm aware of.
                          Most of my early stuff is obscure and relatively unknown.

Truth be told, I also have a lady crush on Gal Gadot !
                          --------------------------------------
                          You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

jesus...it's a homecoming month for the site as 2 legends return

LJ - where is home these days? I'm still traveling a ton, so perhaps paths will cross while I'm out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                              Wow, this is amazing!

[echo], B-Fly and Long John come back in a 2-3 week window!

Welcome back boys! First round is on me!

Bartender???!!!!

Where is the hell did he go? And who stole the moose head? Damnit!

Hey, just my welcome!

Gris
                              Hi, Gris! I'm old now, so I'll just have a Yuengling. (Don't tell Long John.)

Comment

Working...
                              X