My little PONY keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little PONY keepers

I feel like I've got a deep, albiet not spectacular keeper list. A bunch of 7-8 keepers... not sure who my 10 are. Any thoughts appreciated!

15 team Mixed 5x5 - 2 catchers

Must Keep:
    X Bogaerts $15 G19
    J. Bradley $11 G19
    G Cole $15 G18

Needs a pay raise
    K. Bryant $5 o18 (go $15 or $20?)
    A Nola $5 018 (do I give him a raise? I assume I keep him?)

The rest Keep 5 or 6:
    C Hernandez $10 o19
    R Healy $11 o19
    D Swanson $5 o20
    S Choo $8 o19
    N Mazara $5 o19
    S Souza $10 o19
    A Altherr $5 o19
    T Beckham $1 o19

A Bradley $3 o19
    Z Greinke $20 o19
    B Parker $5 o19
    J Gray $3 o19
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I feel like I've got a deep, albiet not spectacular keeper list. A bunch of 7-8 keepers... not sure who my 10 are. Any thoughts appreciated!

15 team Mixed 5x5 - 2 catchers

Must Keep:
    X Bogaerts $15 G19
    J. Bradley $11 G19
    G Cole $15 G18

Needs a pay raise
    K. Bryant $5 o18 (go $15 or $20?)
    A Nola $5 018 (do I give him a raise? 10 seems fine I assume I keep him? YES)

The rest Keep 5 or 6:
    C Hernandez $10 o19
    R Healy $11 o19
    D Swanson $5 o20
    S Choo $8 o19
    N Mazara $5 o19
    S Souza $10 o19
    A Altherr $5 o19
    T Beckham $1 o19

A Bradley $3 o19
    Z Greinke $20 o19
    B Parker $5 o19 ** monitor in ST for closer role **
    J Gray $3 o19
    Mine above - can rationalize Beckham or Altherr or Choo as well (in Bradley or Parker's spot if they don't have a defined role?). Last spot depends on your preferences.
    Last edited by Ken; 02-06-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I'd go to $15 on KBryant. I'd not argue very much with going to $20, but I like the profit at $15 and a year less more. You definitely keep Nola. I'd extend one year, but that's not a move for the risk averse. If you do OBP, you keep Choo for sure. He's kind of marginal but not bad in a BA league. I'd keep Mazara, but his awful splits against LHPs has me concerned he'll move into a platoon. Altherr - Du musst ihn behalten. I'd keep Greinke and Bradley. Some would tell you to keep Gray, but I have a hard time believing that if you got him for $3 last year that he'd cost more this year. And you keep Beckham for sure. Healy is a maybe for me.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ken's list + Beckham, Bryant 15 Nola 10
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I'd keep Mazara, but his awful splits against LHPs has me concerned he'll move into a platoon.
          Seems very unlikely to me - management loves Mazara and keep in mind, even though he's been up for 2 years he's just 22 years old. I highly doubt they turn him into a platoon player. Now will they give him a day off now and then, sure. But Texas wants him to be a middle of the order bat for years to come, they'll keep trotting him out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Mine above - can rationalize Beckham or Altherr or Choo as well (in Bradley or Parker's spot if they don't have a defined role?). Last spot depends on your preferences.
            I agree with this, except I would go Choo instead of Parker--unless ST says otherwise.

Comment

Seems very unlikely to me - management loves Mazara and keep in mind, even though he's been up for 2 years he's just 22 years old. I highly doubt they turn him into a platoon player. Now will they give him a day off now and then, sure. But Texas wants him to be a middle of the order bat for years to come, they'll keep trotting him out there.
              You're probably right. I didn't realize his splits were that terrible last year. He was a total cripple against LHPs in '17.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

X Bogaerts $15 G19
                - I'm not a huge fan but hopefully he'll bounce back up a bit this year.
                J. Bradley $11 G19 - You'd probably get him cheaper in the draft but not terrible if he can be more consistent.
                G Cole $15 G18 - Love him with the Astros
                K. Bryant $15 G20 - I'd take two years but $20 would be fine.
                A Nola $10 G19 - Love him to continue what he started in the second half of 2017.

The rest Keep 5 or 6:
                C Hernandez $10 o19 - His job security is in jeopardy with Kingery on the rise but he could also end up at third.
                T Beckham $1 o19 - I think his breakout was for real and you can't get any cheaper.
                A Bradley $3 o19 - Cheap Saves
                Z Greinke $20 o19 - A little risky with the declining velocity but still an ace in my eyes.
                J Gray $3 o19 - you're keeping a full rotation but it's a pretty good one.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                  C Hernandez $10 o19 - His job security is in jeopardy with Kingery on the rise but he could also end up at third.
                  T Beckham $1 o19 - I think his breakout was for real and you can't get any cheaper.
                  I can easily go along with you as far as keeping one of these two over Parker.

Surprised they would both get in over a $5 Mazara though. Specifically $10 Hernandez over $5 Mazara is hard for me to imagine.

Comment

I can easily go along with you as far as keeping one of these two over Parker.

Surprised they would both get in over a $5 Mazara though. Specifically $10 Hernandez over $5 Mazara is hard for me to imagine.
                    I follow your logic but Parker is far from certain and as much as I love Mazara he seems very risky for a team with an already shaky keeper list. And I really like Hernandez.

Comment

I follow your logic but Parker is far from certain and
                      I may have miscommunicated - I was saying I can follow you on not keeping Parker, that's fine.

as much as I love Mazara he seems very risky for a team with an already shaky keeper list. And I really like Hernandez.
                      I have to wonder what's so risky about Mazara. He earned about $10 last year in a 15 team mixed. To me, taking a 22 year old who should be improving, and whose baseline should be around $10, and spending $5 on him is a good way to reduce your risk. Rather than spending $5 more on a player who earned slightly less last year.

With Hernandez yes you the steals, which are certainly valuable, and he'll certainly hit for a higher average, but paying $5 more and taking a hit of 67 RBI in the relative terms is hard to imagine.

(I do understand that 2017 stats are not necessarily the gold standard but for these comparison purposes they seem relevant)

Comment

I may have miscommunicated - I was saying I can follow you on not keeping Parker, that's fine.

I have to wonder what's so risky about Mazara. He earned about $10 last year in a 15 team mixed. To me, taking a 22 year old who should be improving, and whose baseline should be around $10, and spending $5 on him is a good way to reduce your risk. Rather than spending $5 more on a player who earned slightly less last year.

With Hernandez yes you the steals, which are certainly valuable, and he'll certainly hit for a higher average, but paying $5 more and taking a hit of 67 RBI in the relative terms is hard to imagine.

(I do understand that 2017 stats are not necessarily the gold standard but for these comparison purposes they seem relevant)
                        After looking him up I was probably discounting him a bit. I thought his average was much lower. Still I think I prefer the stolen bases. I also think this lineup is primed and Hernandez at leadoff would be huge.

Comment

Working...
                        X