2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    went for 25 in my NL-only league - not to me!
    Mith got him for $20 in my local mixed league.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• no luck there!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Melancon with 2 saves this weekend, is looking like the Braves closer again.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kimbrel activated and started the 9th with a 7 run lead and pitched to 4 batters (HR - HBP - K - K) then pulled for Strop.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Joe Maddon has to get on TV or the game didn't happen

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Kimbrel activated and started the 9th with a 7 run lead and pitched to 4 batters (HR - HBP - K - K) then pulled for Strop.
              Yuck. I activated him this week. Let’s hope that was just rust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Yuck. I activated him this week. Let’s hope that was just rust.
                Not the most encouraging first appearance back, but he should shake the rust off quickly. Same thing after he signed, took 3 appearances to get right.

I have Kimbrel $60 with Iglesias $22, Hader $13, Melancon $1, chasing 5 pts in saves. Kimbrel is killing my salary cap flexibility, so I'm gonna start more expensive hitter options with Kimbrel on my bench until he shows he's worth it. Basically until he gets a clean save, but that's a luxury of daily lineups.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Not the most encouraging first appearance back, but he should shake the rust off quickly. Same thing after he signed, took 3 appearances to get right.

I have Kimbrel $60 with Iglesias $22, Hader $13, Melancon $1, chasing 5 pts in saves. Kimbrel is killing my salary cap flexibility, so I'm gonna start more expensive hitter options with Kimbrel on my bench until he shows he's worth it. Basically until he gets a clean save, but that's a luxury of daily lineups.
                  I don't play in salary leagues, never have, but isn't $60 for Kimbrel a little steep?

Comment

• probably bought with FAAB since he wasn't signed at the beginning of the season.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      probably bought with FAAB since he wasn't signed at the beginning of the season.
                      Bingo.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Anyone able to shed light on whether Bass or Magill gets more saves in Seattle the rest of the way? (Yeah, I know, but even bad teams win close games now and then).
                        Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
                          Anyone able to shed light on whether Bass or Magill gets more saves in Seattle the rest of the way? (Yeah, I know, but even bad teams win close games now and then).
                          Thanks!
                          Magill has gotten the last 3-4 opps no? Seems like he's surpassed Bass...or surbassed....oof, sorry...
                          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                          UTIL- Benintendi
                          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                          IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                            Magill has gotten the last 3-4 opps no? Seems like he's surpassed Bass...or surbassed....oof, sorry...
                            Yep. I put in for Magill for a modest FAAB bid and have not regretted it (yet).

Comment

• Brewers DFA Jeremy Jeffress.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Brewers DFA Jeremy Jeffress.
                                a month after I did!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X