No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No pitcher is safe tonight in the Pirates-Brewers extra-inning slugfest as Hader and Vasquez both suffer their first blown save of the season.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cubs now showing interest in Kimbrel. Ben Zobrist going to the restricted list may have given the Cubs some extra money to spend.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Strop gets the save for the Cubs a few hours after being activated from the IL. Seems like Maddon missed his closer.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• If Boston doesn't make a play for Kimbrel does anyone else think Workman eventually rises to the top for saves?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Strop gets the save for the Cubs a few hours after being activated from the IL. Seems like Maddon missed his closer.
            And then the Cubs sign Kimbrel a few hours after Strop gets the save. Such is the life of a closer.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cishek with the shaky Cubs save tonight.

and my Seranthony has "elbow" issues after he left today's game
              check, please
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• It's like the "Cubs Old Closer Farewell Tour" before they all become setup guys for Kimbrel.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• At least i can drop Morrow now
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    It's like the "Cubs Old Closer Farewell Tour" before they all become setup guys for Kimbrel.
                    I have both Strop and Kimbrel and Strop will have plenty of value for the next 3 weeks. That's how long they intend to have Kimbrel build up arm strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                      I have both Strop and Kimbrel and Strop will have plenty of value for the next 3 weeks. That's how long they intend to have Kimbrel build up arm strength.
                      I have Strop also and Kimbrel when he gets called up will be available for FAAB. So time to pop the question. How much would you bid on him? Not sure I want to go all in as I have Neris and Smith plus still Strop. I'm 2nd in saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        I have Strop also and Kimbrel when he gets called up will be available for FAAB. So time to pop the question. How much would you bid on him? Not sure I want to go all in as I have Neris and Smith plus still Strop. I'm 2nd in saves.
                        I don't play in salary leagues, so I wouldn't be the best person to ask that question. I know fantasy baseball started with $200 salary leagues, but coming from a fantasy football background you don't see as much of that in dynasty football leagues as you do in baseball leagues these days. I like the idea of dynasty (keep all) leagues and no salaries / contracts, that way I can just concentrate on the players and not the contracts. Actually I'm only in one baseball league (dynasty). With minors included it's hard enough staying on top of things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                          I don't play in salary leagues, so I wouldn't be the best person to ask that question.
                          To clarify, this is not at all related to salary leagues, it is related to FAAB. Those two are not the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            To clarify, this is not at all related to salary leagues, it is related to FAAB. Those two are not the same.
                            Didn’t read that correctly. How much money do you get for bidding and how much do you have left?

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              In our NL league, I'm pretty sure that most teams will bid 90-100%.

Comment

• yeah, we get $50 for FAAB (only AL arrivals, add FAAB if you lose someone), and Jay Bruce was such a perfect fit for my team (I'd have about 15 extra points if I had him all year vs drek) that I went all-in. if a rival can get 6 points from 25 saves, I'd imagine he might do the same (or in the ballpark; if you have weekly FAAB for FA then I'd guess owners would save a chunk).
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X