X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who ya stashing for 2nd half, post-trade-deadline saves? Mine right now:

A.Bummer
    Oberg
    (not that Davis will/can be traded, but he could lose job due to performance: 5.54 ERA, 1.69WHIP, 27/16 K/BB...Oberg knocking on door loudly already)

Waiting a bit on ARI (Hirano? Lopez?), SF (Dyson? Moronta? Watson?), TOR (Biagini?), MIA (N.Anderson?), DET (Jimenez?)...

Here's a good FG breakdown: https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/closer...9/#more-117699
    Last edited by Msaint; 07-12-2019, 11:17 AM.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

Comment

• just about out of the game this year, down to Jeffress (hey, for a buck.....) and Dyson with TGuerrero on IL

first time in many years my end-gamers and in-season pickups have all spit the bit. started in the offseason with Knebel 2 having his arm fall off, and downhill ever since
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        just about out of the game this year, down to Jeffress (hey, for a buck.....) and Dyson with TGuerrero on IL

first time in many years my end-gamers and in-season pickups have all spit the bit. started in the offseason with Knebel 2 having his arm fall off, and downhill ever since
        Ugh, that sucks. I think Dyson could end up being the guy in SF...sounds like teams really want Smith (obv) but also Watson as a cheaper (than Smith) LHP middle/setup guy. That leaves Dyson Moronta, and with Dyson having the proverbial experience and pitching well, I think it's his job to lose once the lefties are dealt.

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• I'm stashing A. Bummer, N. Anderson, and J. Jimenez. This is a good time of year to stash, you don't have to invest a roster spot for the whole season, but you still get in before potential trades. And in keeper leagues if you end up with a cheap setup guy who turns into a closer for 2020, even better.

Comment

• what are the chances atl stays with Jackson for the ROS or will they go get a proven closer before the deadline?

Comment

• Originally posted by tinitoy View Post
              what are the chances atl stays with Jackson for the ROS or will they go get a proven closer before the deadline?
              Hmm. Have to think 50-50. They didn’t bite on Kimbrel. But they do have great minor league depth. Bullpens can always use reinforcements. So I see it as a tossup.

Comment

• Thanks for your inlut

Comment

• Ugh, Workman given great save opp, gets two outs, hits, walk, run, run, 40+ pitches, shits the bed...Walden come in and gets one out save. Eovaldi could get next opp? Or, its impetus to trade for Greene, Yates, someone, anyone...

C- J.McCann
                  1B-Cron
                  2B- Villar
                  SS- Andrus
                  3B-Baez
                  MI-L. Gurriel
                  CI- Y.Gurriel
                  UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                    Ugh, Workman given great save opp, gets two outs, hits, walk, run, run, 40+ pitches, shits the bed...Walden come in and gets one out save. Eovaldi could get next opp? Or, its impetus to trade for Greene, Yates, someone, anyone...
                    I wouldn't be worried so much about Workman having one bad outing, but if I still owned him, I'd be super worried if he did indeed go over 40 pitches in that effort. I've seen a lot of closer's season turn south after just one really high pitch count outing. They aren't used to throwing over 40 pitches. It can mess them up.

Comment

• Giovanny Gallegos is having a Hader-esque breakout with the Cardinals this year (2.23 ERA, 0.74 WHIP, 70 K, 8 BB, 48.1 IP). For June & July he has an 0.79 ERA & 0.51 WHIP. Even as a middle reliever, he's a valuable contributor to ratios and K's. If he ever gets the chance to save games, he has the potential to run with the job and become an elite closer.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Romo got shipped to Minnesota, nick anderson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                          Ugh, Workman given great save opp, gets two outs, hits, walk, run, run, 40+ pitches, shits the bed...Walden come in and gets one out save. Eovaldi could get next opp? Or, its impetus to trade for Greene, Yates, someone, anyone...
                          Workman had a clean IP with 2 K tonight. Seems back on track.

In my only possible winning league, I've got Kimbrel and Hader as my only closers, but I'm very excited to see if my $3 Nick Anderson can add another handful of saves through the rest of season. Would be a game changer for my chances, sitting 90-88-88-83 and I'm the 83.

Is Anderson the go-to guy now or will they try to hold his arbitration numbers down and give saves to some veteran?
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Marlins’ beat writer says he’s the favorite for saves, but that he also may be dealt before the deadline.

Comment

• Anderson is 29 and pitched 3 years in the Frontier League (!), but his peripherals this year are good over 40 IP. I wouldn't sell my soul to trade for him, but worth considering if in need of 2019 SV. the Marlins have an assembly line of young hurlers, so don't exactly pencil in Anderson for 100 SV for your squad over the next 3 years.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Holland removed. Hirano, Lopez, Bradley all possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X