2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Much as I love Hader, Knebel is the guy for saves. Hader is first in my Sv+Hld leagues.

Texas used to own both Jeffress and Knebel. Imagine the bullpen now.

J
    ... and Strop and Kela and Oh

(and technically Mikolas in their pen too)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      ... and Strop and Kela and Oh

(and technically Mikolas in their pen too)
      Rob Nen too. Kela quite recently. They have not shown the best judgment on pitching, particularly in the bullpen.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Rob Nen too. Kela quite recently. They have not shown the best judgment on pitching, particularly in the bullpen.

J
        Oh I was just referring to a bullpen they could have right now. Nen is just a tad too old to help today. If we are talking all-time none of these names mentioned other than Nen are relevant.

Comment

• True. It just shows the pattern is long entrenched. Nen was traded for almost nothing since he was out of options. His first full season with the Marlins he saved 15 with a sub-3.00 ERA. In 1997, he was the closer on a World Series winner. All the Rangers needed to do was give him a job.

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 03-07-2019, 07:35 PM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I'm a LeClarc fan and think the extension should move him up the rankings. It shows the team is committed to him, which is half the battle with closers. I think he is easily a top 10 closer.
            I was trying to convince another owner to keep Yates for his team - and then I looked and realized I have LeClerc and he moved onto my keeper list

Comment

• Anyone notice that Closer Monkey hasn't had an update since 3/2 (on their site or Twitter)?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                Anyone notice that Closer Monkey hasn't had an update since 3/2 (on their site or Twitter)?
                I've seen it discussed on other forums.
                I think the days of closermonkey being the definitive source for closer information are past.

Comment

• all Knebel owners squirming in their seats right about now ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
                  MLB Network's Jon Heyman hears that the Brewers' talks with free agent closer Craig Kimbrel are "pretty serious."
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    all Knebel owners squirming in their seats right about now ...
                    For real. I was really high on Knebel this year too. Brewers are going to rival the Yankees bullpen if this goes down.

Comment

I think the days of closermonkey being the definitive source for closer information are past.
                      Maybe closer monkey and RHD are the same person after all no one has every seen them in the same room together.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        all Knebel owners squirming in their seats right about now ...
                        And you would think of all teams that Milwaukee would be the one who should be talking serious with Keuchel not Kimbrel, says this Knebel owner

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          And you would think of all teams that Milwaukee would be the one who should be talking serious with Keuchel not Kimbrel, says this Knebel owner
                          As a Kimbrel owner I just want him to sign dammit!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                            As a Kimbrel owner I just want him to sign dammit!!!
                            Same for me, I'm ready to be done checking mlbtraderumors every 5 minutes.

Comment

• Knebel AND Jeffress owner here
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Subsequent question: what now then IS the definitive, consolidated source for closer information?

Comment

Working...
                                X