2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: Closer and Bullpen

This is the 2017 vewrsion: http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...ghlight=closer

Closermonkey

MLB Bullpen page:

Fangraphs Bullpen Report:

Concensus rankings from FantasyPros:
    Don’t trust any 1 expert? We combine their rankings into 1 Expert Consensus Ranking. Our RP rankings are updated regularly.

Rank First Last Team ADP
    1 Kenley Jansen (LAD - RP) 49
    2 Craig Kimbrel (BOS - RP) 67
    3 Aroldis Chapman (NYY - RP) 70
    4 Roberto Osuna (TOR - RP) 88
    5 Kenneth Giles (HOU - RP) 96
    6 Corey Knebel (MIL - RP) 109
    7 Edwin Diaz (SEA - RP) 103
    8 Wade Davis (COL - RP) 107
    9 Cody Allen (CLE - RP) 112
    10 Felipe Rivero (PIT - RP) 124
    11 Raisel Iglesias (CIN - SP,RP) 129
    12 Alexander Colome (TB - RP) 131
    13 Sean Doolittle (WSH - RP) 157
    14 Andrew Miller (CLE - RP) 165
    15 Brad Hand (SD - RP) 170

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Closer Monkey and Fangraphs haven't been updated since October 2017. Fantasy Pros needs to remove pitchers who are now full time starters (Severino, Duffy, Bauer, etc.) from their RP list. MLB.com looks like it is up to date with an easy to read format. They seem to have pounced on Closer Monkey's fumble.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Closer monkey shuts down every winter. Once camp starts, they should be up. Last year I started this a month later.

Maybe someone knows the Fangraphs editor and can drop a hint.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

There's still a few interesting free agent closers out there. After Greg Holland signs, Bud Norris and Seung Hwan Oh should start getting offers for late inning roles.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Francisco Rodriguez, who currently ranks 4th all-time in career saves with 437, has signed a minor league deal with the Phillies. The 36 year old KRod will also get a spring training invite. He has been throwing 93 mph in recent workouts after failing to hit 90 mph last season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Our new HoF RP, Trevor Hoffman was still striking out 10 per 9 IP at this point in his career. Granted it's a high standard, but KRod is an elite RP. I'm not sure he's done yet.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Francisco Rodriguez, who currently ranks 4th all-time in career saves with 437, has signed a minor league deal with the Phillies. The 36 year old KRod will also get a spring training invite. He has been throwing 93 mph in recent workouts after failing to hit 90 mph last season.
              Yeah it helps when you re-calibrate the radar to add 3 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Our new HoF RP, Trevor Hoffman was still striking out 10 per 9 IP at this point in his career. Granted it's a high standard, but KRod is an elite RP. I'm not sure he's done yet.

J
                Elite???

After watching him here in Detroit trust me he is well-done. Stick a fork in him.

Comment

What is the take for who closes in Miami? Ziegler? Barraclough? Steckenrider?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    I'd guess in that order until Ziegler builds up some trade value.

Comment

tuck this onroto.com item away for later in draft/auction day:

01.17... Brad Ziegler said in an interview on Fantasy Sports Radio on Wednesday that he tried to pitch through a rib injury last season which he initially suffered in the first week of spring training.
                      Spin: The injury went unreported and the veteran reliever tried to gut it out even though he admitted it made it difficult for him to breathe during the first half. Ziegler eventually went on the disabled list and missed five weeks with what the Marlins called a right back strain. He had a 6.52 ERA at the time but returned to post a 2.00 ERA the rest of the way. Ziegler is slated to open 2018 as the Marlins' closer and could be in line for a bounce-back season if the injury was largely responsible for his first-half struggles. Of course, if he does pitch well he'll be a good bet to be traded somewhere to be a setup man for a contender.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I agree that Ziegler is the play early. I like Steckenrider to be the guy by mid season or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          tuck this onroto.com item away for later in draft/auction day:

01.17... Brad Ziegler said in an interview on Fantasy Sports Radio on Wednesday that he tried to pitch through a rib injury last season which he initially suffered in the first week of spring training.
                          Spin: The injury went unreported and the veteran reliever tried to gut it out even though he admitted it made it difficult for him to breathe during the first half. Ziegler eventually went on the disabled list and missed five weeks with what the Marlins called a right back strain. He had a 6.52 ERA at the time but returned to post a 2.00 ERA the rest of the way. Ziegler is slated to open 2018 as the Marlins' closer and could be in line for a bounce-back season if the injury was largely responsible for his first-half struggles. Of course, if he does pitch well he'll be a good bet to be traded somewhere to be a setup man for a contender.
                          He did pitch well the last couple of months last season. Since Miami isn't going anywhere it make sense he gets the nod to start out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I agree that Ziegler is the play early. I like Steckenrider to be the guy by mid season or so.
                            Agree with this

Comment

Diamondbacks have signed Neftali Feliz to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.
                              Last edited by madducks; 01-29-2018, 01:08 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X