No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seranthony Dominguez has been diagnosed with ulnar collateral ligament damage in his right elbow. He will get a second opinion before making a decision on TJ surgery.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• and that's 10 units I wasted on a freeze. strange but true: I haven't had a pitcher hit the IL all year til this. since we don't use holds, he wasn't much use to me so far anyway, so I'll try again from the shaky FA pool.

UPDATE: crap, Caleb Smith to IL as well
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Ken Giles to the 10-day IL retroactive to June 11 with right elbow inflammation. Looks like Joe Biagini is next in line for saves.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cody Allen DFA'd by the Angels. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Ken Giles to the 10-day IL retroactive to June 11 with right elbow inflammation. Looks like Joe Biagini is next in line for saves.
            Or maybe Daniel Hudson since Hudson got the first one.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• After losing Hicks today, which closer (or potential closer) should I target? The following are available in my league but open to anyone who may be a closer in the 2nd half as well.

Jose Alvarado - Rays
              Jose Leclerc - Rangers
              Blake Parker - Twins
              Scott Oberg - Rockies
              Chris Martin - Rangers

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                After losing Hicks today, which closer (or potential closer) should I target? The following are available in my league but open to anyone who may be a closer in the 2nd half as well.

Jose Alvarado - Rays
                Jose Leclerc - Rangers
                Blake Parker - Twins
                Scott Oberg - Rockies
                Chris Martin - Rangers
                With Diego Castillo out, I'd target Alvarado. Parker seems to be on the losing end of a committee, and with Kelley pitching well, Leclerc doesn't appear close to regaining his job.

Comment

• Either Parker or Alvarado.

Comment

• Closer Monkey says Kimbrel should be called up today or tomorrow. That means big FAAB Sunday.

Comment

• Re: closers likely to be traded, who are you speculating on getting lion's share of opps ROS...

• Will Smith, SF...Moronta, Watson, Dyson, or ick, Melancon?
                      • Shane Greene, DET....Jimenez (who's been the "closer in waiting" for like 7 years now)?
                      • Giles, TOR...Hudson? Biagini?
                      • Ian Kennedy building up trade value in KC...Diekman?
                      • Colome CWS...Bummer? Herrera?
                      • Elias SEA...Strickland? If Strickland also traded, then Austin Adams?
                      • Vazquez in PIT...Krick? A darkhorse...Liriano? Kela once off IL?
                      • Romo MIA...Anderson?
                      • Iglesias CIN...Lorenzen? Garrett?
                      • And a deep sleeper if SD falls out of it...if Yates traded, Stammen? Or do they call up closer of future, Andres Munoz?
                      •Finally, Osuna has been struggling, HOU might not mess around if he keeps being so-so, so...Ryan Pressley?
                      Last edited by Msaint; 06-27-2019, 01:11 PM.
                      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                      UTIL- Benintendi
                      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                        Re: closers likely to be traded, who are you speculating on getting lion's share of opps ROS...

• Will Smith, SF...Moronta, Watson, Dyson, or ick, Melancon?
                        • Shane Greene, DET....Jimenez (who's been the "closer in waiting" for like 7 years now)?
                        • Giles, TOR...Hudson? Biagini?
                        • Ian Kennedy building up trade value in KC...Diekman?
                        • Colome CWS...Bummer? Herrera?
                        • Elias SEA...Strickland? If Strickland also traded, then Austin Adams?
                        • Vazquez in PIT...Krick? A darkhorse...Liriano? Kela once off IL?
                        • Romo MIA...Anderson?
                        • Iglesias CIN...Lorenzen? Garrett?
                        • And a deep sleeper if SD falls out of it...if Yates traded, Stammen? Or do they call up closer of future, Andres Munoz?
                        •Finally, Osuna has been struggling, HOU might not mess around if he keeps being so-so, so...Ryan Pressley?
                        In SF, Watson has been the setup man for Smith, but Moronta has been the "hammer" Bochy has gone to when it is 2nd and 3rd, no outs in the 6th in a close game. I think it stays Watson, Melancon won't sniff a save unless he manufactures it himself.
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• So much for being eased into the closing role. Kimbrel called up gets save on day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            So much for being eased into the closing role. Kimbrel called up gets save on day 1.
                            Traded for him (no salary league) before the season started. Gave Justin Upton for him.

Comment

• Eovaldi (elbow) is expected to serve as the Red Sox's closer upon his return from the 60-day injured list, Tom Caron of NESN reports.
                              Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com reported Monday that the team was "strongly considering" using Eovaldi as the closer, but Caron took it a step further, saying Eovaldi will be named the closer and serve as a traditional closer. The hard-throwing righty has been out since undergoing surgery in late April to remove loose bodies from his elbow. He experienced a setback in early June in the form of biceps tendinitis, but the Red Sox are said to be optimistic about Eovaldi's chances of returning shortly after the break. The Boston bullpen has blown a combined 17 saves this season.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Happy 4th Kimbrel. The fireworks were provided by the Pirates and aided by a catcher playing outfield. In all fairness Contreras should have caught that ball and he did make a hell of a throw to home plate. Better days for Kimbrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X