X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    "We had Kapler for couple of seasons"

one season - it just felt like more!
    I owned Seranthony, Neshek, ERamos, Hunter, and Neris at various times last season.

So we're getting technical now

Comment

• Swarzak with a smooth inning for save #2.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Phillies blew it again. Nola tired in the 7th, so they used up Seranthony to come in and get 2 outs for the lead.
        Neris for the final 2 IP - except he needed 30 pitches to stagger through the 8th.
        so here comes ERamos for the 9th to hold a 6-5 lead. out, out, 2 strikes - guh, game-tying HR.

10th inning - oh, crap, Phillies about out of pitchers. an Alvarez comes on to allow single, single, HR, single, single...... well, you get the picture.

the small pro tip I have for you here is that they wanted Neris to get the SV, fwiw
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Phillies blew it again. Nola tired in the 7th, so they used up Seranthony to come in and get 2 outs for the lead.
          Neris for the final 2 IP - except he needed 30 pitches to stagger through the 8th.
          so here comes ERamos for the 9th to hold a 6-5 lead. out, out, 2 strikes - guh, game-tying HR.

10th inning - oh, crap, Phillies about out of pitchers. an Alvarez comes on to allow single, single, HR, single, single...... well, you get the picture.

the small pro tip I have for you here is that they wanted Neris to get the SV, fwiw
          My guess is that Phils management will shortly tire of Kapler's late inning antics and sign Kimbrel to be the guy. They've invested way too much dough in this season for this sort of nonsense. And despite their shopping spree, their actual 2019 payroll is still only $140m. For Competitive Balance tax purposes, it comes out to be higher due to AAV, but they're still a would-you-believe-it $17.9m away from the threshold, almost the exact amount Kimbrel would sign for. How do you like that?

And with Nicasio & Hunter, combined getting $18m, coming off the books at the end of the season, he could actually sign for 2 years.

Comment

• Sean Doolittle already has 3 wins this season.

Comment

• Steckenrider blows his 1st opportunity to, oof.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Sean Doolittle already has 3 wins this season.
                Amir Garrett just got one. He's got a 0.00 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, and 6 K in 4.1 IP. He's not on the closermonkey list but my gut tells me he's worth watching.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Read this on Rotowire:

Rosenthal - Buzz Lightyear impression ("My ERA goes to infinity... and beyond!").

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    Read this on Rotowire:

Rosenthal - Buzz Lightyear impression ("My ERA goes to infinity... and beyond!").
                    I don't think I've ever seen a 0.14 strikeout to walk ratio, that's hard to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Read this on Rotowire:

With a stellar 1IP, 1ER, 3BB and 33 pitches he has brought his ERA down from infinity to 72.00 and whip to 11.00.

Comment

• In 30+ years of roto I've never had a relief pitcher single handedly destroy my ratios until now.

Comment

• Elias notched save #2 for the Mariners.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            In 30+ years of roto I've never had a relief pitcher single handedly destroy my ratios until now.
                            This post reminded me of my 2018 Chris Devenski acquisition. I traded for him as a ratio booster right before he started getting obliterated... I got him end of June with a 1.38 ERA and whip around 0.80... he gave me 6 IP, 16 H, 4 BB, 5 K, and an ugly 13 ER.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Arodys Vizcaino out for the season after shoulder surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Arodys Vizcaino out for the season after shoulder surgery.
                                Maybe Kimbrel decides on the Braves. Minter is struggling so far and not a whole lot of options after him. Kimbrel has a clear path to be the closer and could be a difference maker for the Braves. If the Braves offered him a 2 yr for $39 mil would that be worth it?

Comment

Working...
                                X