Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    And another...seems pretty settled.
    Or not, Swarzak with the save last night.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Minter with a flawless inning and 3 Ks for save #2. Here's hoping he sticks.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Minter with a flawless inning and 3 Ks for save #2. Here's hoping he sticks.
        I've been offered Vince Velazquez for him. Also have Chapman, Braiser, Strop and Parker/Rogers. Fair or aim higher?
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
          I've been offered Vince Velazquez for him. Also have Chapman, Braiser, Strop and Parker/Rogers. Fair or aim higher?
          Not a huge VV fan but not sure you'd be able to get much more. And who knows how long he has the role.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Or not, Swarzak with the save last night.
            Elias had pitched 3 out of the last 5 days.

I don’t think he has it locked down but I think it’s fair to guess he has the lions share.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Elias had pitched 3 out of the last 5 days.

I don’t think he has it locked down but I think it’s fair to guess he has the lions share.
              Yet the folks who closely track (e.g. Closer Monkey) still have Swarzak listed as the first option.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Yet the folks who closely track (e.g. Closer Monkey) still have Swarzak listed as the first option.
                You must have misread. I said "fair to guess". CloserMonkey has it as a committee, so they certainly aren't disagreeing with that.

Comment

• Read this about Strop:

It seemed like just another day, until Strop told ESPN’s Jesse Rogers after the game that he arrived rather late to the game. Apparently, as Strop prepared to pitch, police officers were hunting down his car:

Cubs closer Pedro Strop had quite the day/night. His car was stolen before the game so he was dealing with that "until the fourth inning" when he told police "I might have to pitch. I have to go." Says the car was later involved in a police chase. He was still dealing with the aftermath not long after securing the save in the Cubs 7-6 win over the Dodgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    Read this about Strop:

It seemed like just another day, until Strop told ESPN’s Jesse Rogers after the game that he arrived rather late to the game. Apparently, as Strop prepared to pitch, police officers were hunting down his car:

Cubs closer Pedro Strop had quite the day/night. His car was stolen before the game so he was dealing with that "until the fourth inning" when he told police "I might have to pitch. I have to go." Says the car was later involved in a police chase. He was still dealing with the aftermath not long after securing the save in the Cubs 7-6 win over the Dodgers.
                    Now that's the type of focus that a good closer should have.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jose Alvarado last got a save on April 7th. Since then, 6 saves have gone to other pitchers, including the last 3 to Emilio Pagan. CloserMonkey still lists Alvarado as the closer, so methinks they're not paying too close attention.

Comment

• Wondering about that (TB situation). Pagan is available in our league. I also bid big on Swarzak and that hasn’t been great. But a few saves is really all I need. Is Pagan the guy? Does anyone really know?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Jose Alvarado last got a save on April 7th. Since then, 6 saves have gone to other pitchers, including the last 3 to Emilio Pagan. CloserMonkey still lists Alvarado as the closer, so methinks they're not paying too close attention.
                          Until tonight, this was irrelevant. The other two saves were on Monday and Tuesday when both Alvarado and Castillo were unavailable (stated as so by the Rays) after having thrown a bunch of pitches over the previous weekend against the Red Sox. After tonight, who the hell knows? This is the Rays, they'll do random reliever stuff. I am happy I sold high on Alvarado yesterday. Not so happy that selling him high was basically packaging him with Nellie Cruz for JD Martinez who promptly got hurt.

Comment

• In other bullpen news, the Braves bullpen would not get worse if I were added to it. Unless blown saves are a category, I would advise just dropping all of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              In other bullpen news, the Braves bullpen would not get worse if I were added to it. Unless blown saves are a category, I would advise just dropping all of them.
                              Jim Johnson is still looking for a team.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Blake Parker's era and whip look shiny, but his k and walk rate are not. Any chance Taylor Rogers grabs and holds on to the job? With Parker out, he has shown he can lock down a few saves.

Comment

Working...
                                X