No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimbrel to the DL with knee inflammation. Assuming Cishek gets first crack (with Strop on the DL also).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      Kimbrel to the DL with knee inflammation. Assuming Cishek gets first crack (with Strop on the DL also).
      And now Kintzler banged up, removed with right pectoral "discomfort"...Strop still out, so it's likely 100% Cishek's job for the short term.
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Diamondbacks DFA Greg Holland.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Shane Greene already out as closer in Atlanta. Mark Melancon named the new closer.

Comment

• Felipe Vazquez has just 1 save since the All-Star break. Of course, the Pirates have only won 4 games during that same period. So there's that.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Shane Greene already out as closer in Atlanta. Mark Melancon named the new closer.
              And Melancon tonight, blows a 4 run 9th inning lead.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                And now Kintzler banged up, removed with right pectoral "discomfort"...Strop still out, so it's likely 100% Cishek's job for the short term.
                Now Cishek is on the IL and Strop returned a few days ago. But, Kimbrel is due back later this week as long as his bullpen session goes ok.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lugo a 2-inning W tonight.

Mets would need Diaz to close Sunday's win - wait, unless they win in a blowout. could go either way.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Lugo a 2-inning W tonight.

Mets would need Diaz to close Sunday's win - wait, unless they win in a blowout. could go either way.
                    I like how you think, JJ.

Comment

• ATL carousel continues...Jackson shitty but gets save. Melancon rocked last game. Greene okay but still getting hit. Think Greene ends up getting most opps/saves dow the stretch?
                      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                      UTIL- Benintendi
                      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                        ATL carousel continues...Jackson shitty but gets save. Melancon rocked last game. Greene okay but still getting hit. Think Greene ends up getting most opps/saves dow the stretch?
                        I grabbed Jackson in both of my leagues since he was dropped after the Greene acquisition. Jackson and Greene are both far from elite, but they are better than Melancon. I think the job has defaulted back to Jackson for now. I don't think Greene gets another shot until Jackson blows a save or two which unfortunately may not take long. If Greene gets back to pitching the way he did the first 4 months in Detroit, he could be closing again in September.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I grabbed Jackson in both of my leagues since he was dropped after the Greene acquisition. Jackson and Greene are both far from elite, but they are better than Melancon. I think the job has defaulted back to Jackson for now. I don't think Greene gets another shot until Jackson blows a save or two which unfortunately may not take long. If Greene gets back to pitching the way he did the first 4 months in Detroit, he could be closing again in September.
                          The way things are going, you could be closing for them and September as well so WD40 those joints kid and welcome to the Show.
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            I could pick up Jackson right now but decided against it. Instead I picked up Strop (I'm a Kimbrel owner), just for the short term until Kimbrel gets back. I just don't want the Atlanta headache. I have both Kimbrel and Strop in my lineup for this week (weekly 5x5 H2H league). I have wiggle room with a 28 game lead in my division.

Comment

• Phillies reliever David Robertson underwent Tommy John surgery on Thursday. See you in 2021.

And 6.2 innings is what a two-year, $23 million contract gets for the Phillies.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• went for 25 in my NL-only league - not to me!
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X