No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Trivino is available, go get him. Treinen's elbow is barking.

Comment

• Question: Who do you like more for saves chances rest-of-season - Hansel Robles or Wily Peralta?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        Question: Who do you like more for saves chances rest-of-season - Hansel Robles or Wily Peralta?
        Peralta my money is on Buttrey.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
          Question: Who do you like more for saves chances rest-of-season - Hansel Robles or Wily Peralta?
          The heavy favorite here is "neither," but I'd go with Peralta. Allen is being activated from the IL tomorrow and once they determine he's over his suckitis, I assume he'll take the job back.

Comment

• Swarzak allows a 2-run HR to Babe Urshela in the 9th to knot it at 4 at Yankee Stadium.
            after a single, Swarzak's night is done with 1 out.

..... and the single turns into the game-losing run so another ER for Swarzak - and an L.
            Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-07-2019, 10:08 PM.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• What do folks think of Barnes ROS? I know they want to use him in as the high leverage guy not the saves guy, but it seems he is likely to fall into a decent number of saves nonetheless, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                What do folks think of Barnes ROS? I know they want to use him in as the high leverage guy not the saves guy, but it seems he is likely to fall into a decent number of saves nonetheless, right?
                What do you consider a decent number of saves?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  What do you consider a decent number of saves?
                  teens or better.

Comment

teens or better.
                    I think that is pretty aggressive. Still worth a shot.

Comment

• Braiser is not looking so good lately, so I think Barnes will become the best and probably the only option for saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                        Braiser is not looking so good lately, so I think Barnes will become the best and probably the only option for saves.
                        That is my hope, but we are seeing more and more the best reliever is not the same as the closer. The Red Sox, probably rightly, seem to want to use Barnes when they need him most rather than exclusively in the 9th.

Comment

That is my hope, but we are seeing more and more the best reliever is not the same as the closer. The Red Sox, probably rightly, seem to want to use Barnes when they need him most rather than exclusively in the 9th.
                          Which is why he may not get teens saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Which is why he may not get teens saves.
                            True, but to argue with myself, when enough people were hurt or sucked, the Brewers finally turned to Hader to be the closer. So, yeah, sometimes a team has to change tactics out of necessity. In general, I still like to bet on the best arm in bullpens. At least you get good other stats if the saves aren't there.

Comment

• I dropped Barnes a couple weeks ago as my futile search for saves continues (and FWIW he was subsequently scooped up by the league Red Sox fan). Currently starting Neris, sitting Minter and Castillo, and Morrow on my DL. I also just dropped Swarzak. Thankfully Jansen has been good enough to have me in 4th.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Strop to the DL. Cishek to close.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X