No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brewers have signed Matt Albers to a 2 year $5 million deal.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Brewers have signed Matt Albers to a 2 year $5 million deal.
      Hmmm...interesting move. His BABIP last year is unsustainable, but I can see him in a 6th/7th inning role.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Reds sign David Hernandez to a two-year $5 million deal.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

How do we handicap the D-Backs situation? Bradley seems like a multi-inning guy and Boxberger like a guy who would stay healthier pitching 50 innings, 1 inning at a time. But I'm not sure that's how AZ will play it. And Hirano is the wild card.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            How do we handicap the D-Backs situation? Bradley seems like a multi-inning guy and Boxberger like a guy who would stay healthier pitching 50 innings, 1 inning at a time. But I'm not sure that's how AZ will play it. And Hirano is the wild card.
            Almost all sources I!have seen seem to presume Bradley will close, but I agree it may not work out that way. Still, he is the best talent in the bullpen, so if I had to take one of them now, it would be him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Almost all sources I!have seen seem to presume Bradley will close, but I agree it may not work out that way. Still, he is the best talent in the bullpen, so if I had to take one of them now, it would be him.
              Skills over roles.
              I like Bradley.

Comment

Rangers signed Seung-Hwan Oh

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Rangers signed Seung-Hwan Oh
                  Any chance he closes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Any chance he closes?
                    Absolutely.

The incumbent is Claudio, who has all of 11 career saves and is a lefty. If he runs into a rough patch, hello Oh!

Comment

Ranger homer here -

It's likely he's the closer. Not much competition honestly. Bush will be trying out as a starter, Claudio was just a fill in.

Remember this is the team that likes to take re-treads and turn them into closers. Tolleson, Dyson, Bush, etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Ranger homer here -

It's likely he's the closer. Not much competition honestly. Bush will be trying out as a starter, Claudio was just a fill in.

Remember this is the team that likes to take re-treads and turn them into closers. Tolleson, Dyson, Bush, etc, etc.
                        Yes but can they take closers and turn them into closers?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Yes but can they take closers and turn them into closers?
                          Soria and Nathan and Gagne and Urbina all nod in unison.

Comment

Putting my money where my mouth is - just traded for Oh - gave up a 6th round reserve pick (the reserve draft -- after the active roster auction) in exchange for a 16th round reserve pick (i.e. very little), and I got a $2B Oh.

Keeper deadline is after the season starts. If he gets the closer job, easy keeper. If not, oh darn, my 6th round reserve pick that would have been a deep bench play just became a lotto ticket minor leaguer in the 16th instead.

Comment

What's everyone's feeling today on who will be the Cubs' closer? Will they go with Morrow or Cishek, or Reed? Or will they bring in another arm for the 9th? I traded Chance Adams for Morrow because I needed another MLB ready arm, so I have a lot of interest in the Cubs bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                                What's everyone's feeling today on who will be the Cubs' closer? Will they go with Morrow or Cishek, or Reed? Or will they bring in another arm for the 9th? I traded Chance Adams for Morrow because I needed another MLB ready arm, so I have a lot of interest in the Cubs bullpen.
                                I don't think that they go with anyone who's flamed out before (Cishek), or anyone who's untried (Morrow). I look for Edwards or Wilson to get a shot, or for the Cubs to sign Holland.

They say Morrow is the guy, but based on what Maddon has done in the past, I have my doubts...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X