2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I'm guessing that they'll leave Hader where he is and go with some combination of Barnes, Albers, and Jeffress...it'll probably be a good week or so before we really know who it's going to be. If it IS any one guy.
    Yeah, watch the Brewers go an entire week now without a save opportunity just to drive fantasy owners crazy lol.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, how long are hammy injuries, worst case? A tear could be as long as 8 weeks, no? Hopefully it isn't a bad one. Sometimes less bad pulls still hurt a lot and look bad at first. In any event, Josh Hader looks ready to step in while needed.
      Worst case? Surgery required, out for year. And unfortunately, the way he went down, that was my first thought. 6-8 weeks would be a positive outcome given how it looked last night.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Yeah, how long are hammy injuries, worst case? A tear could be as long as 8 weeks, no? Hopefully it isn't a bad one. Sometimes less bad pulls still hurt a lot and look bad at first. In any event, Josh Hader looks ready to step in while needed.
        If I was a betting man I would have my $$ on Jeffress over Hader

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          If I was a betting man I would have my $$ on Jeffress over Hader
          why do you say that?

Comment

• For me, it's Fat Albert, but we'll see....

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Worst case? Surgery required, out for year. And unfortunately, the way he went down, that was my first thought. 6-8 weeks would be a positive outcome given how it looked last night.
              I'm bracing myself for the former. Any news yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I'm bracing myself for the former. Any news yet?
                None yet. I'm expecting late this afternoon the way the Brewers like to slow play information.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  why do you say that?
                  Just a hunch...and managers always seem to default to the guy who has "done it before." - Barnes, Hader and Albers have a combined 4 saves in their careers and Jeffress had a single season with 27 saves. Like I said, just a hunch, but managers are fickle but more predictable when it comes to closers in my opinion.

Also Hader and Albers are LHPs, which is already a strike against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    None yet. I'm expecting late this afternoon the way the Brewers like to slow play information.
                    Heh, good call. They've already placed him on the DL, but with little information besides saying it's a "strained hamstring." Of course, a complete rupture of the hamstring is also considered a "strain", lol.

Comment

• Knebel out at least 6 weeks according to Counsell, closer role will not be set at the moment. No word yet on the severity of the injury.

Edit:

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi

@Brewers manager Craig Counsell mentioned Matt Albers, Jacob Barnes, Jeremy Jeffress and Dan Jennings as options for the 9th inning while Corey Knebel is out. Counsell prefers to keep Josh Hader in a multi-inning role. @MLB @MLBNetwork @MLBNetworkRadio
                      Last edited by Davros; 04-06-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Just a hunch...and managers always seem to default to the guy who has "done it before." - Barnes, Hader and Albers have a combined 4 saves in their careers and Jeffress had a single season with 27 saves. Like I said, just a hunch, but managers are fickle but more predictable when it comes to closers in my opinion.

Also Hader and Albers are LHPs, which is already a strike against them.
                        Albers is RH.

Comment

• From the monkey
                          Milwaukee Brewers – All-Star closer Corey Knebel collapsed after throwing a pitch in the ninth inning of Thursday’s loss to the Cubs. He suffered a left hamstring injury, though the severity of it won’t be known until he receives the results of a scheduled MRI on Friday. Knebel had allowed two runs with Milwaukee already down 6-0. He hadn’t pitched yet in April, so he was getting some much-needed work to stay fresh. Manager Craig Counsell announced after the game he’d be placed on the DL. We expect a mixture of Jacob Barnes, Josh Hader and maybe Matt Albers to contend for saves in Knebel’s absence.

Updated hierarchy: *Barnes | Hader | Albers.

* = closer by committee

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• I love Givens, but between the pitch counts on consecutive days and the crash at home plate, I think the Orioles are trying to kill him.

Comment

• Apparently, there is not rule against pitchers plate blocking. That was an impressive plate block, Mike Scoicia would be proud.

Comment

• yes, Barnes is now the first guess
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X