Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl LII - New England vs. Philadelphia

Errr, take two.....

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Super Bowl home field curse continues. Minnesota could have been the first team to play in the big game at their home stadium, but instead the 3 point favorite lost by 31 in the NFC championship. Houston had a chance last year, but lost in the division playoff. San Francisco played Super Bowl XIX in Stanford Stadium, rather than their home field of Candlestick Park, and the Los Angeles Rams played Super Bowl XIV in the Rose Bowl, rather than their home field of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. So, those two don't count.
      Last edited by madducks; 01-23-2018, 11:47 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Context:

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Carson Wentz out with a knee injury. Could be bad.

EDIT— done for the year with a Torn ACL.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer franchise. ��
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Context:
          Still out of context. Try again. Hint: there's a reason why there's a smiley. You can do it!

Comment

Erik - Revo thought I was a Eagles fan. So it was dig at me since I posted something like it about the Giants.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I hope the Pats crush the Eagles.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                I hope the Pats crush the Eagles.
                I'm rooting for the Eagles because i have family who live in New Jersey and are big Eagles fans. And i would like to see them experience the thrill of their team winning a championship. At the same time i would love to see James Harrison have a huge game for the Patriots and make Mike Tomlin look foolish for cutting him. Still can't believe that one.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I got this email from close friend earlier today ...

I know it’s late notice, but a friend of mine has two tickets for the Super Bowl in Minneapolis, MN at the new U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday February 4th. They are box seats and he paid $3,500 per ticket, which includes the ride to and from the airport, lunch, dinner, a $400.00 bar tab and a pass to the winners locker room after the game.

What he didn't realize when he bought them last year was that it’s on the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at St. Paul's Church at 3 pm. Her name is Ashley. She’s 5'4", about 115 pounds, a good cook, loves to fish and hunt.She'll be the one in the white dress.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Who would plan their wedding on Super Bowl Sunday?

But it's not as bad as planning an event on league draft day. I've told my wife for years...draft day trumps everything. Don't even think about it.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

But it's not as bad as planning an event on league draft day. I've told my wife for years...draft day trumps everything. Don't even think about it.
                      Not a wedding, but my first kid was born on Super Bowl Sunday. That was....unexpected, since he was 2 1/2 weeks early. Late February was perrrrfect, kind of the dead season for sports, but he had other ideas. It was the Niners-Ravens Super Bowl when the lights went out. Around that time, the doctor told my wife it was time to start pushing and she says to me "maybe you can shut the tv off now?" Didn't even realize it ended up being a great ending to the game until the following morning.

Comment

The Steelers played in their first Super Bowl (and won) on my 8th birthday. I wasn't that big of a fan yet and couldn't understand why the parents were all in such a hurry to drop their kids off at my birthday party and leave to go watch some football game. They still played a 14 game schedule back then and 4 years later the NFL added 2 more games to the schedule. That pushed the Super Bowl back two weeks and ended the chance of any future Super Bowl being played on my birthday. Years later i was able to watch that game and fully appreciate my birthday gift from the Steelers.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                          um, read it again

also, one of my sisters scheduled her second kid's Christening on the same day as our 1987 (4th annual) auction. I told her, no can do. she's an awesome sister, so she didn't mind.

I did show recently for that kid's surprise 30th birthday party, however!
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

i probably shouldn't say this but there was more than one year, when the pats were in the SB, and i somehow ended up watching the puppy bowl. i think it was Carolina. i remember sitting there saying, this is wrong... i should be watching the patriots (since i am from NE).. but there was this one little dog that was kicking so much ass and running circles around everyone and i just couldn't change the channel.

Comment

Wow! What a game!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X