New 15 team no trades mixed combo league starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 15 team no trades mixed combo league starting

Gauging interest in a new league this year. 15 team mixed, combination of 1 auction league and 1 draft league. Pay outs for each individual league along with a combined standings that looks at both leagues.

There are NO TRADES, so you don't have to worry about collusion or brother in law deals.

$500 buy in, 100% payout (after any league fees), no commissioner fee.

PM me if interested.

Your box is full...

Are these re-draft leagues? Are there rules/constitution available?

How deep of a reserve?

This feels like an nfbc, which I like...

Comment

thanks for the heads up, I've cleaned up my box.

These are redraft. There will be firm rules established in a constitution (ETA, 1 week). It is basic 5x5 redraft, weekly FAAB ($1000 budget). No trades makes the rules quite a bit easier.

7 man bench, no minors or DL.

I played in a similar league last year and loved the concept but the commish took 10% off the top for league fees and commish fee (ridiculous), so I'm reproducing the league without the bad parts

Comment

curious what you mean by combo of auction and draft.

Regardless, this sounds fun and if a spot is available, I am interested in joining (assuming no conflicts with other committed leagues)

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          curious what you mean by combo of auction and draft.

Regardless, this sounds fun and if a spot is available, I am interested in joining (assuming no conflicts with other committed leagues)
          The combo part is the unique portion of this "league".

You'll draft one mixed team that participates in league 1, and then you'll get another one in an auction that participates in league 2. Both of them are 15 team mixed with the same rules (after the draft/auction ends - the draft type is the only difference).

The winner of each of those leagues gets paid (we pay out top 4).

Then, we look at the combined standings of both leagues. So if you end the season with 100 points in the draft league and 90 points in the auction league your total is 190 points. Everyone adds up their total points and there's a combined standings. 1st overall through 3rd overall in the combined standings get paid out a monetary prize.

So if you are doing okay in both leagues but you finish just outside the money in both, you may still be near the top in the combined standings.

Make sense?

I'll include you in our potential owners and if the league fills out then you're in (if you still want to). Thanks for joining us!

Comment

Art, PM me your contact info - email/phone. Hoping we fill up the league soon - if so I'll be sending out emails regarding the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              The combo part is the unique portion of this "league".

You'll draft one mixed team that participates in league 1, and then you'll get another one in an auction that participates in league 2. Both of them are 15 team mixed with the same rules (after the draft/auction ends - the draft type is the only difference).

The winner of each of those leagues gets paid (we pay out top 4).

Then, we look at the combined standings of both leagues. So if you end the season with 100 points in the draft league and 90 points in the auction league your total is 190 points. Everyone adds up their total points and there's a combined standings. 1st overall through 3rd overall in the combined standings get paid out a monetary prize.

So if you are doing okay in both leagues but you finish just outside the money in both, you may still be near the top in the combined standings.

Make sense?

I'll include you in our potential owners and if the league fills out then you're in (if you still want to). Thanks for joining us!
              Not sure I understand the reasoning there. I would think that finishing first and third would be considered better than, for example, a second place and a fifth place finish, but the latter could easily win the overall title if you figured it by adding up the points from both leagues. Or maybe that's the idea.
              Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 02-06-2018, 10:02 PM.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                Not sure I understand the reasoning there. I would think that finishing first and third would be considered better than, for example, a second place and a fifth place finish, but the latter could easily win the overall title if you figured it by adding up the points from both leagues. Or maybe that's the idea.
                Correct - it's like getting 3 leagues, you're looking at Draft standings and Auction standings and combined standings.

Lets say you are entrenched in 2nd place in the Draft league but you are firmly out of the money in the Auction league. You still fight to improve your position, even marginally, in both leagues to the very end since they both count towards that combined standings total.

Comment

14 out of 15 spots for these new start up league(s) are filled.

We are going to host on Fantrax.

It's going to be a fun year.

I'm implementing a modified KDS draft slotting format which I'll explain as well. Basically you give me an ordered preferred draft slot (1-15), for example you may prefer 3, then if you don't get 3 then 4, then 5, etc.. so your order may be is 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,10,11,12,13,15,14. Then you give me a random seed number (1-15) which is used for tiebreakers, so for example you pick random seed "7".

We then scan through and look at everyone's first choice. If you are the only one who preferred pick 3 1st, you get it. If there are multiple, then we add up all their random seeds, and mod by the number of ties, and we use that number to "randomly" choose one of them. Then we move on, rinse and repeat until we fill all the slots. So your random seed that YOU provide is deterministic for how ties involving your team are resolved.

Note that is just for the draft, we have an auction as well.

We will be using Fantrax Treasurer to remove the scary risk of playing with a bunch of guys you don't know and sending your league fee off to someone random (plus there are multiple people on this board who can track me down at my house if there's a problem). And in order to join the league site you'll have to pay your entry fees, so no risk of someone not paying their fees and still playing (I got screwed over by this last year in a league that I joined with an outside commish).

We are currently scheduling our draft and auction on April 3rd and 4th.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. First come first serve and I'm down to just 1 spot (I filled 2 in the last 24 hours)

Comment

League is now full. I will post here if another spot opens.

Comment

League(s) sound interesting, but why are you drafting/holding auction a week after the MLB season starts?

Comment

Originally posted by Efforting View Post
                        League(s) sound interesting, but why are you drafting/holding auction a week after the MLB season starts?
                        Just based on availability of those who signed up first.

Of note some leagues always start after the season in order to have certain settings that use the opening day roster.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Later start date makes it less appealing for some. Good luck with the league(s).

Comment

And the problem (which happens often) is that the weekend after the season starts is Easter.

Comment

2018 was a success. Fun league(s). Running this one back and I have a couple openings for 2019. PM me if you are interested.

There were ZERO league fees since we hosted through fantrax.

$500 buy in.

Payouts were:

1st place auction - 1200
                              2nd place auction - 750
                              3rd place auction - 500
                              4th place auction - 350
                              5th place auction - 250

Draft

1st place draft - 1200
                              2nd place draft - 750
                              3rd place draft - 500
                              4th place draft - 350
                              5th place draft - 250

Overall

1st place overall - 1000
                              2nd place overall - 400

So 15 x $500 = $7500 buy ins
                              And $7500 pay outs (listed above)

All team entry fees were paid prior to draft day and held in fantrax treasurer until payouts were distributed 1 week after the season ended (to paypal for free if you prefer).

The big winner bought in for $500 and left with $2950 (1st in auction + 2nd in draft + 1st overall).
                              Last edited by Ken; 01-04-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X