2018 Off-Season Arrest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Cowboys WR Terrance Williams was arrested in Frisco, Texas early Saturday morning on charges of public intoxication and leaving the scene of an accident.
    Both charges are misdemeanors. According to police, Williams crashed his Lamborghini into a light pole at 3 AM and fled the scene. He was arrested when police found him riding an electric bicycle near his home about two hours later. Williams has since been released on a $369 bond. The 28-year-old caught 53 passes for 568 yards and no touchdowns for Dallas in 2017.
    (Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram/Rotoworld)
    It's sad when even the Terrance Williams's of the NFL world are driving Lambos.

Comment

What that tells me is that the Cowboys overpay mediocre WRs.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        What that tells me is that the Cowboys overpay mediocre WRs.
        Somewhat of an odd take this year, considering that the average annual salary of the Cowboys' top 2 WR combined wouldn't be in the top 10 of individual WR contracts.

Their top 2 are Tavon Austin, who at $7mm/yr is 28th, and Allen Hurns, $6mm who is 37th.

Even if focused on Terrance Williams, he was expected to get quite a bit more when he hit free agency last year. But came back to Dallas on a relatively cheap contract when he couldn't find anything else. Dallas would have cut him last year but he was so cheap it was not worth it. $4.25mm for a WR isn't expensive at all

Comment

Free agent OG Richie Incognito was involved in an altercation at a Florida gym on Wednesday and is being held by police for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation.
          It's called the Baker Act, which is an involuntary mental evaluation. Incognito allegedly threw a dumbbell at another man in a Boca Raton gym this morning "for no apparent reason" after first throwing a tennis ball at the gym-goer. Incognito was allegedly "rambling about the government and screaming at the other man to 'get off my f*cking playground'." This is the second time Incognito has been held under the Baker Act, with the first coming in 2014. Incognito is a free agent after being released by the Bills this week. He had planned to continue his career.
          (Source: TMZ Sports/Rotoworld)
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Somewhat of an odd take this year, considering that the average annual salary of the Cowboys' top 2 WR combined wouldn't be in the top 10 of individual WR contracts.

Their top 2 are Tavon Austin, who at $7mm/yr is 28th, and Allen Hurns, $6mm who is 37th.

Even if focused on Terrance Williams, he was expected to get quite a bit more when he hit free agency last year. But came back to Dallas on a relatively cheap contract when he couldn't find anything else. Dallas would have cut him last year but he was so cheap it was not worth it. $4.25mm for a WR isn't expensive at all
            They stink, is what I'm saying.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Not to pile on, but that's not what you said, you said they were overpaid. And they are getting paid similarly to Albert Wilson, Travis Benjamin, Taylor Gabriel, and Marquis Lee, so I'd still have to disagree.

Dallas is going counter to the pass happy NFL and they are a run first offense, so it makes sense that the money is going to the OL and RB and not to the WRs.

Comment

Cowboys WR Terrance Williams was arrested in Frisco, Texas early Saturday morning on charges of public intoxication and leaving the scene of an accident.
                Both charges are misdemeanors. According to police, Williams crashed his Lamborghini into a light pole at 3 AM and fled the scene. He was arrested when police found him riding an electric bicycle near his home about two hours later. Williams has since been released on a $369 bond. The 28-year-old caught 53 passes for 568 yards and no touchdowns for Dallas in 2017.
                (Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram/Rotoworld)
                Contradicting his public statement, Terrance Williams told police that Kendall Wright, whom Williams played with at Baylor, was the driver for his weekend car accident, and that Williams was not in the car.
                Williams' initial comments to police basically contradicted everything he ended up saying in his public statement on Sunday. Whatever happened, Wright does not currently appear to be in any sort of trouble with the law. Williams is facing charges of public intoxication and leaving the scene of an accident.
                (Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com/Rotoworld)

Last edited by madducks; 05-27-2018, 01:33 AM. Reason: video
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Contradicting his public statement, Terrance Williams told police that Kendall Wright, whom Williams played with at Baylor, was the driver for his weekend car accident, and that Williams was not in the car.
                  Williams' initial comments to police basically contradicted everything he ended up saying in his public statement on Sunday. Whatever happened, Wright does not currently appear to be in any sort of trouble with the law. Williams is facing charges of public intoxication and leaving the scene of an accident.
                  (Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com/Rotoworld)

I had a friend busted for a rollerblading while intoxicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    I had a friend busted for a rollerblading while intoxicated.
                    I wouldn't make it ten feet if I tried to rollerblade while hammered.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I wouldn't make it ten feet if I tried to rollerblade while hammered.
                      I think I'd rollerblade better with a little buzz.

Isn't this problematic for the PD though - there's video of the guy clearly drunk, got a public intox charge, on a vehicle but no DUI. How can they ever give someone else a DUI?

Comment

Jets fourth-round TE Chris Herndon was arrested for DUI just before dawn on Saturday after causing a major accident in New Jersey.
                        Herndon's Nissan Armada totaled a Toyota Land Cruiser and demolished a railroad motor car and its attached trailer. A 76-year-old man was driving the Land Cruiser and suffered a gashed arm. It's unknown whether Herndon was injured, but he was arrested for DUI at the scene and is now subject to league discipline.
                        (Source: Miami Herald/Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Former NFL player Kellen Winslow II is facing a multitude of serious legal charges after being arrested for the second time in less than a week.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Winslow was taken into custody on Thursday, just hours after the San Diego County Sheriff's Department put out a warrant for his arrest. Although authorities didn't offer any details on the case, we do know that Winslow has been hit with a total of nine charges, including two counts of kidnapping with the intent to commit rape and two counts of forcible rape.

The San Diego County District Attorney didn't offer any further details. However, a member of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department did tell NBC San Diego that the case involved "multiple victims." Winslow is potentially looking at life in prison if he's convicted on all charges, according to TMZ.com.

Comment

Cardinals GM Steve Keim was arrested for DUI on Wednesday in Chandler, Arizona.
                            The arrest was made at a DUI Checkpoint on July 4. Keim was released later that night. The Cardinals are aware of the situation and have reported it to the NFL. Signed to a four-year extension this offseason, Keim's standing with the Cardinals is likely safe but he's subject to the league's substance abuse policy and should face some form of discipline. The Broncos suspended executives Tom Heckert and Matt Russell for alcohol-related arrests in 2013.
                            (Source: KTAR.com/Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Former Seahawks CB Brandon Browner was arrested for kidnapping, burglary, false imprisonment, and violation of a restraining order on Sunday.
                              Browner allegedly broke into a home and refused to let the woman inside, who has a restraining order against him, leave Sunday morning in La Verne, California. He also allegedly physically harmed and threatened to kill the woman. Browner was arrested for cocaine possession last May and for making criminal threats last September. He has been out of the league since the Seahawks released him in August of 2016.
                              (Source: Boston Globe/Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Former Lions TE Brandon Pettigrew was arrested for aggravated assault, theft of services, and public drunkenness on Monday in Pittsburgh.
                                Pettigrew allegedly got into a confrontation with a limousine driver over a $97 fare. When the police arrived, Pettigrew allegedly was visibly intoxicated and refused to identify himself before allegedly punching an officer three times in the chest. Out of the league since being waived in December of 2016, Pettigrew was arrested for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct in Oklahoma last February.
                                (Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette/Rotoworld)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X