Official 2018 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Latest rumor is the Browns taking Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen #1.
    John Dorsey must have military training in PsyOps as he's successfully screwing with so many teams minds this week...
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      John Dorsey must have military training in PsyOps as he's successfully screwing with so many teams minds this week...
      Ha, yeah. I just saw that the general feeling is Mayfield is the pick. What a story that would be!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Latest rumor is the Browns taking Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen #1.
        Didn't they already pick Mayfield when his name was still Johnny Manziel?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Didn't they already pick Mayfield when his name was still Johnny Manziel?
          I dont say Mayfield as being anything like Manziel. Baker will be the best QB coming out of this draft when looking back 5 years from now.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Two months ago Mayfield was a maybe for the Skins at 13 but worries about personality and being a system QB meant he may slide further than that. Now he may be #1. If the Browns are unsure of who to take at 1 they should take Barkley and then at 4 grab Rosen/Allen/Mayfield. Darnold will for sure be taken 2 or 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I dont say Mayfield as being anything like Manziel. Baker will be the best QB coming out of this draft when looking back 5 years from now.
              Manziel fans said the same thing Pete...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                Two months ago Mayfield was a maybe for the Skins at 13 but worries about personality and being a system QB meant he may slide further than that. Now he may be #1. If the Browns are unsure of who to take at 1 they should take Barkley and then at 4 grab Rosen/Allen/Mayfield. Darnold will for sure be taken 2 or 3.
                To me this makes the most sense. Yet everything I read says QB #1 with Mayfield leading the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Manziel fans said the same thing Pete...
                  but in what way is Mayfield like Manziel? Because he has an edge to him? Manziel had a substance abuse problem, didnt work hard and was abusive to his girlfriend. I havent read any of that about in regards to Mayfield. Other than making an obscene gesture, what are the comps between the two?
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I really really want the Bears to draft Quinton Nelson at #8. Unfortunately it does not look like he will still be on the board.

Nelson has to get past Denver at #5 and Tampa at #7. Probably not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I really really want the Bears to draft Quinton Nelson at #8. Unfortunately it does not look like he will still be on the board.

Nelson has to get past Denver at #5 and Tampa at #7. Probably not going to happen.
                      Youll love Nelson. My son played against him a few times in HS and he is the real deal. Edge to him as well.

Comment

I'm with Hammer! I hope they take Baker at #1. I like his leadership and edginess to his play. Everyone in this area hate him because he beat the Buckeyes! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          but in what way is Mayfield like Manziel? Because he has an edge to him? Manziel had a substance abuse problem, didnt work hard and was abusive to his girlfriend. I havent read any of that about in regards to Mayfield. Other than making an obscene gesture, what are the comps between the two?
                          Off field activities have nothing to do with it...look at all of the thugs that are playing in the NFL, and stay there because they have a certain talent.

The comps are mainly size. I'm just not buying into a 6 footer being the be all and end all of QB's...people are starting to compare Mayfield to Breese, which is absurd.

Hey, you may well be right and Mayfield defies all of the recent short QB's that have come into the NFL, but I remain skeptical, and I think that the Browns will as well.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

While I'd love to see Saquon Barkley in Giant Blue, it makes too much sense for the G-Men to take a QB at #2 given the salary dynamics in free agency and the draft.

If the Giants draft a QB, under the rookie scale for the #2 overall pick, he'd be under contract for 4 years for $31m. If they pass on a QB and decide to go the free agency route, the best UFA QBs available next year are Matt Ryan (likely staying put), Tyrod Taylor and Nick Foles. They'd have to pay either $25m a season to land them, which is as ridiculous as it sounds.

If they take Barkley, he would also get the same 4 years, $31m contract, but that deal would instantly make him the 4th highest paid RB in the NFL. For comparison's sake, Mark Ingram is one of the top 2019 UFA RBs, and he's getting just $4m a year.

It makes all the sense in the world for the Giants to take Darnold or Allen (assuming the Browns take Mayfield) and just add a much lower costing RB in free agency next season.

Comment

I'd take Rosen and Lamar Jackson over Mayfield, Allen, and Darnold. Wouldn't spend a first round pick on Mayfield or Allen. Rosen and Jackson are both Top 5 talents.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                                I'd take Rosen and Lamar Jackson over Mayfield, Allen, and Darnold. Wouldn't spend a first round pick on Mayfield or Allen. Rosen and Jackson are both Top 5 talents.
                                Yeah, I think that Jackson is going to be the one that this draft is measured by in 5 years, an amazing athlete.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X