2k20: Fantasy Baseball Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Sometimes the magazine is just a decoy. It can still be used to check off names, analyze last year's stats, or check position eligibility while ignoring projections and rankings.
    This. It's just a nice, easy, fallback to do some quick research. Did Player A get 20 games in at SS? Does Player B have a good 3 year track record? Is Player C really 34 years old? How the hell did that happen?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Thanks!
      And then we have Mith, who just relies on luck.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Fantasy Baseball Guide is out.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And then we have Mith, who just relies on luck.
          I am one lucky SOB!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Fantasy Baseball Guide is out.
            This is the one I always get, for old times sake. This year, there are some sloppy errors, like word for word repeats of picks and pans by different writers. Copying and pasting error it seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              This is the one I always get, for old times sake. This year, there are some sloppy errors, like word for word repeats of picks and pans by different writers. Copying and pasting error it seem.
              That’s too bad. The professional edition has been my favorite for years.

Comment

Since each and every one of you guys love the magazines sooooo much, i feel that it's my duty to let you know that i saw the Rotowire and Rotoworld magazines for sale on ebay.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Since each and every one of you guys love the magazines sooooo much, i feel that it's my duty to let you know that i saw the Rotowire and Rotoworld magazines for sale on ebay.
                  Lol. They offer a fix for us ‘junkies!

Comment

not quite worth a new thread but... I just saw that BASEBALL DIGEST is out with its Jan-Feb issue, with Pete Alonso on the cover.

I grew up with that mag, and the other sports too (eventually, even Soccer Digest!).
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I always thought it was sad that in the off-season there were no monthly baseball magazines at my Barnes & Nobel, but there were like 20+ for guns, firearms, ammo, etc. I am not anti gun, I just can't believe how many mags there are for that, and not one for baseball? Even baseball digest has gone to bi-monthly issues.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                        I always thought it was sad that in the off-season there were no monthly baseball magazines at my Barnes & Nobel, but there were like 20+ for guns, firearms, ammo, etc. I am not anti gun, I just can't believe how many mags there are for that, and not one for baseball? Even baseball digest has gone to bi-monthly issues.
                        Some guns won't work without a mag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Some guns won't work without a mag.
                          Clip it.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Rick Snider
                            @Snide_Remarks
                            ·
                            1h
                            Street and Smith's magazines just announced they're closing. I wrote for the NFL annual. Remember as a kid scanning those summer magazines predicting the coming season? Gonna miss them.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              Rick Snider
                              @Snide_Remarks
                              ·
                              1h
                              Street and Smith's magazines just announced they're closing. I wrote for the NFL annual. Remember as a kid scanning those summer magazines predicting the coming season? Gonna miss them.
                              Wow. I always bought the football mag, but it’s unfortunate that these are dinosaurs now. I had no idea they even still published them.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Rick Snider
                                @Snide_Remarks
                                ·
                                1h
                                I also devoured those magazines as a kid years before playing fantasy baseball/football. My favorite thing was the career leader stat lists. In those days before the internet i would continuously refer back to the magazine as the season progressed to see how far the veteran players had moved up the all-time lists in hits, home runs, RBI, wins, strikeouts, etc. And then try to project where they would rank in the key stat categories at the end of their career. My projections were always overly optimistic lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X