No announcement yet.

Weight Loss Challenge - 2018!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to head out to the WSOP, I'll walk about 1.5 million steps in 7 weeks. The goal is to lose 20 lbs. I lost 25 last year, going from 220 to 195. I didn't follow up and have been fluctuating around 200 for the year. The goal is 165 eventually, but I'd settle for 175. This should get me close and then I'll (or plan to) follow up by renewing my PF membership upon my return in August.

Good luck to you and congrats on the renewals!

I'll check back in come August.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      I am so heavy right now! I wanted to start a 2023 weight loss challenge thread.

Sitting at 202. My healthy weight is around 170-175.

Was sitting in the 180's most of last year, but ballooned up in the fall and through xmas.

Would love to start running again. Maybe a new thread would motivate me to do so. Time enough to drop 20+ by opening day.
      I've dropped a bit from working but not much. Down to 194.5 today.

I have a wedding to attend in less than 2 weeks. Wanted to drop more before that, but oh well.

SM, the protein hype is overrated. It was a panic started by the meat industry to fight back the vegetarian/vegan market. Don't buy the hype. Especially with seafood becoming more toxic all of the time. The rate of spoiled oysters is growing with our crumbling environment.

You should try something like athletic greens. I guarantee that you aren't protein deficient.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        I'm about to head out to the WSOP, I'll walk about 1.5 million steps in 7 weeks. The goal is to lose 20 lbs. I lost 25 last year, going from 220 to 195. I didn't follow up and have been fluctuating around 200 for the year. The goal is 165 eventually, but I'd settle for 175. This should get me close and then I'll (or plan to) follow up by renewing my PF membership upon my return in August.

Good luck to you and congrats on the renewals!

I'll check back in come August.
        So the WSOP is over, I walked even MORE this year due to the fact I switched to day 1 starts and worked on avg 9 hours a day, 6 days a week with no breaks. I didn't lose the 20 I'd hoped, but I did lose 10 and got into pretty good shape. I'd do stretches, push ups and sit ups every day before work. I dropped a size in suits, lost an inch off my waist and outside of some residual belly fat, trimmed up all around. I avgd 16 1/2 half miles a day of work with my top day being over 19 miles. It was a grind, but I feel great. As i planned I just re-upped my Plant Fitness membership and will start tomorrow on a cardio/core regime which should help me drop that belly fat and get back into my old jeans, I can get em on easily enough, the belly just muffins out over them so I'm holding out until I get this stomach flat again (it's been years).

I hope everyone else is getting goods results and I'll post later when I've an update!

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
        X