X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    2/27= 224.4
    1/2 = 223.7

Not bad considering the New Years Eve insane wedding we went to as well as our Chinese tradition on New Years Day.

Full steam ahead!
    2/27= 224.4
    1/2 = 223.7
    1/9= 222.7

Had a pretty good week. Did eat some playoff pizza on Sunday. Kept the sweets, potatoes, pasta, and white bread off the plates.

Comment

Jan. 1 - 173
      Jan. 8 - 171

The Good:

1 hour stretch + exercise. Nothing too fancy. I use a massage roller on my legs, then do a bunch of stretching, then squats, crunches, and a few weight routines. Managed 2 workouts in the first week.

Limited soda. I had gotten used to drinking 5-10 sodas thoughout the course of a week. Zero this week.

No binge eating. If I ate chips, I'd try to not eat a whole bag. If I had cookies (wife made cookies twice) I'd limit to 5-6 cookies, not trying to eat the whole batch by the next morning. I find satisfaction in eating a smaller amount and getting to pat myself on the back. Not like eating ONLY 6 cookies deserves a medal or anything, but you know...

Physical labour, particularly snow shoveling. I'm shoveling snow as part of my job this winter, and it takes a physical toll. I usually do about 15-25 driveways in an 8 hour shift, so you can imagine the cardio advantage this provides. 14 hours of shoveling this past week.

The Bad:

Nothing too egregious this week... I did eat probably 15 cookies, 3-4 bags of chips, but the chip count is actually a bit low for me. Cutting down chips will be a major factor in my success or failure.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Jan. 1 - 173
        Jan. 8 - 171

The Good:

1 hour stretch + exercise. Nothing too fancy. I use a massage roller on my legs, then do a bunch of stretching, then squats, crunches, and a few weight routines. Managed 2 workouts in the first week.

Limited soda. I had gotten used to drinking 5-10 sodas thoughout the course of a week. Zero this week.

No binge eating. If I ate chips, I'd try to not eat a whole bag. If I had cookies (wife made cookies twice) I'd limit to 5-6 cookies, not trying to eat the whole batch by the next morning. I find satisfaction in eating a smaller amount and getting to pat myself on the back. Not like eating ONLY 6 cookies deserves a medal or anything, but you know...

Physical labour, particularly snow shoveling. I'm shoveling snow as part of my job this winter, and it takes a physical toll. I usually do about 15-25 driveways in an 8 hour shift, so you can imagine the cardio advantage this provides. 14 hours of shoveling this past week.

The Bad:

Nothing too egregious this week... I did eat probably 15 cookies, 3-4 bags of chips, but the chip count is actually a bit low for me. Cutting down chips will be a major factor in my success or failure.

Lay’s Oven-Baked Original Potato Crisps, 18 chips
        CALORIES 120
        FAT 2 G
        SATURATED FAT 0 G
        SODIUM 135 MG
        CARBS 23 G
        Baked chips don’t rely on oil to crisp up, which means they can get by with far less fat. If you eat just one 1-ounce bag a week, you’ll shed more than two pounds this year by choosing Lay’s Baked! instead of Ruffles Reduced Fat.

Comment

[QUOTE=Boone;292093]OK I am in.
          Weight 1/1/18 is 229 pounds.
          Goal is 210 pounds by March 15.

1/1/18: 229
          1/9/18: 226

Comment

2/27= 224.4
            1/2 = 223.7
            1/9= 222.7
            1/16= 222.3

I am leaving in a few minutes for a flight to our National Sales meeting. I come back Friday night.

This is a hard one, continental breakfasts in the morning, lunches brought in; build your own sandwiches, pasta and deserts, plus 3 nights of eating out. Southern cooking is not known for lean cuisine.

Anything even or slightly down will be a huge victory. I say this not as a defeatist but to get it out there to hold myself accountable. Heck I might even come in under 222 next Tuesday!

Comment

Slow out of the gate, time to get it together.

1/2 - 229
              1/16 - 228
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                2/27= 224.4
                1/2 = 223.7
                1/9= 222.7
                1/16= 222.3

I am leaving in a few minutes for a flight to our National Sales meeting. I come back Friday night.

This is a hard one, continental breakfasts in the morning, lunches brought in; build your own sandwiches, pasta and deserts, plus 3 nights of eating out. Southern cooking is not known for lean cuisine.
                this is a textbook test for my "E A T S L O W" campaign!
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

currently at 205 i think, target 175. I gave up Coke for a while but got back on it, I'll try again but it's tough.

I spent most of my fantasy winnings from 2017 on a couple months of a personal trainer and had my first session this morning. Thought I was going to throw up for a little while but I got through it. My balance is just awful.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

1/4 284.5
                    1/8 285.8
                    1/16 284.8

I'm making positive changes to my eating habits and the weight loss will come. A friend told me I should get my calories down to 2000. I was at 2200 today, with 7500 steps and an hour of ball hockey.
                    Last edited by virgonomic; 01-16-2018, 11:39 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      and an hour of ball hockey.
                      That's dedication...it sounds awfully painful

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        currently at 205 i think, target 175. I gave up Coke for a while but got back on it, I'll try again but it's tough.

I spent most of my fantasy winnings from 2017 on a couple months of a personal trainer and had my first session this morning. Thought I was going to throw up for a little while but I got through it. My balance is just awful.
                        Your balance will improve as your core muscles strengthen.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

"A friend told me I should get my calories down to 2000."

I would target a little lower - but not at the expense of feeling starved. If you eat a big, healthy breakfast (can be as simple as two bowls of Cheerios and a banana) and listen to your body, you should be in ideal position at midday. Either a series of small meals, or a bigger lunch OR dinner, and that works.

another of my bromides is that 2 terrible meals a week can erase everything else that you do for the other meals all week.

a 1,200-calorie lunch at Five Guys (easy to do there) and a big buffet a few days later, and your body will laugh at your puny sensible meals and exercise at all the other times......
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If anyone is on myfitnesspal, my username is jpc3481

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              "A friend told me I should get my calories down to 2000."

I would target a little lower - but not at the expense of feeling starved. If you eat a big, healthy breakfast (can be as simple as two bowls of Cheerios and a banana) and listen to your body, you should be in ideal position at midday. Either a series of small meals, or a bigger lunch OR dinner, and that works.

another of my bromides is that 2 terrible meals a week can erase everything else that you do for the other meals all week.

a 1,200-calorie lunch at Five Guys (easy to do there) and a big buffet a few days later, and your body will laugh at your puny sensible meals and exercise at all the other times......
                              How so? If you had a smoothie for lunch and a salad for dinner, you'd be around 2000 calories. You wouldn't want to do this daily, but it seems like a good balance for one day.

This will happen Friday night as I have a free meal at The Keg. I will order a lighter appetizer and will probably only eat half my meal. I'm also playing hockey after work so I will earn some calories and boost my metabolism, not that I plan to eat more to make up for it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

January 2: 230 lbs
                                January 27: 220 lbs

Halfway there ... but I might keep going.

Comment

Working...
                                X