Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Week 14 Thread: The FF Playoffs Begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My underachieving 5-8 team snagged the final (6th) playoff spot in week 13 and rolled to a convincing first round playoff win against the 9-4 team in week 14. Next up is the 10-3 team. I love this game!
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      My underachieving 5-8 team snagged the final (6th) playoff spot in week 13 and rolled to a convincing first round playoff win against the 9-4 team in week 14. Next up is the 10-3 team. I love this game!
      More like: Your shitty team squeaked into the playoffs which in and of itself is dumb because 6 out of 10 teams make the playoffs, thereby greatly reducing the importance of 13 weeks of playing. And then a lucky week got you a win. This game is pretty damn dumb.
      Last edited by Mithrandir; 12-13-2017, 09:20 AM.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        More like: Your shitty team squeaked into the playoffs which in and of itself is dumb because 6 out of 10 teams make the playoffs, thereby greatly reducing the importance of 13 weeks of playing. And then a lucky week gor you a win. Tjis game is pretty damn dumb.
        Especially when 60% of teams get into the playoffs. Why not 4 teams?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          You're not? What's your team?
          Cowboys
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Exactly. 10 team league should only have 4 teams in the playoffs and end in week 14. That is how I have Liz Hurley set up with 10 teams. Now leagues with 12 and 14 should have 6 teams in the playoffs.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
              Exactly. 10 team league should only have 4 teams in the playoffs and end in week 14. That is how I have Liz Hurley set up with 10 teams. Now leagues with 12 and 14 should have 6 teams in the playoffs.
              I started a 10 team league this year. 4 teams make the playoffs (Week 15 & Week 16). To me, 6 playoff teams in a 10 team league is too many.
              14 Team 1/2PPR league (1 Keeper)

QB: Rivers (3), Stafford (5), Keenum (NA)
              RB: Kamara (11), McKinnon (7), Bernard (7)
              WR: M. Thomas (NA), Crabtree (1), Shepard (8), Wallace (NA), Cobb (NA)
              TE: Olsen (NA)
              K: Lutz (7)
              DEF: JAX (7)

(We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF)

Comment

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
                I started a 10 team league this year. 4 teams make the playoffs (Week 15 & Week 16). To me, 6 playoff teams in a 10 team league is too many.
                err. Didn't finish my thought correctly. The regular season should end in week 14 I meant.

Comment

It used to be a 12 team league. But 2 teams quit and the commish just left it at 6 teams making the playoffs.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

More like: Your shitty team squeaked into the playoffs which in and of itself is dumb because 6 out of 10 teams make the playoffs, thereby greatly reducing the importance of 13 weeks of playing. And then a lucky week got you a win. This game is pretty damn dumb.
                    You better not lose to the 5-8 team.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It used to be a 12 team league. But 2 teams quit and the commish just left it at 6 teams making the playoffs.
                      12 teams? Maybe 10 years ago.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

You better not lose to the 5-8 team.
                        I'mgoing to lose this week, so it wont come to that.

Comment

12 teams? Maybe 10 years ago.
                          Whenever. But the number of teams making the playoffs never changed when the number of teams in the league decreased.
                          Last edited by madducks; 12-14-2017, 03:47 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'mgoing to lose this week, so it wont come to that.
                            To the 7-6 team? I'm looking forward to a rematch against your team. You barely squeaked past me during our regular season matchup.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

To the 7-6 team? I'm looking forward to a rematch against your team. You barely squeaked past me during our regular season matchup.
                              Hahaha. That was the highest weekly point total that your team had in the regular season, and I still crushed you!

Comment

Whenever. But the number of teams making the playoffs never changed when the number of teams in the league decreased.
                                That's because John is a maroon!!

Comment

Working...
                                X