No announcement yet.

RJ Wives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the olden days (pre-Bhob), Ms. Lucky referred to you guys as my "imaginary friends". Since then she has met many of you, including Byron, Ken, Bhob, B-Fly, Long Jon, Moonlight, even Doig.

I talk all the time about what goes on here, and she knows a lot about many of you, not just those listed above. She knows the contrarian librarian. She knows the guys with superior music knowledge who snake me mercilessly in music drafts. She knows Kevin Seitzer, World Series Champion.

She worried with Mike when his world was underwater. She was freaked out hearing about the adventures of Ken in Las Vegas during the crazy shooting. She is mostly thankful there is a place where I can feel comfortable among friends.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Mrs. Griswold has met Jason and NakedRicci and his wife personally.

But she has certainly heard about everyone of you, in some shape or form.....from Steve to Hammer to KevinSeitzer (and his World Series victory).

She used to think it was weird...but she has accepted all of you as my friends.

Hey, just my imaginary world!

Gris

Comment

I mention RJ happenings once in a while to my wife, including the ultimate rise of KS, but she has never met any junkies. I've only met a handful myself: FB, Gris, Gregg, Dane, MJ, and Sporer.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I mention RJ happenings once in a while to my wife, including the ultimate rise of KS, but she has never met any junkies. I've only met a handful myself: FB, Gris, Gregg, Dane, MJ, and Sporer.
          Didn't your wife pick you up after our day out with the boys? I think you introduced me in the middle of a Chicago street. Long enough to say hi and goodbye?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Didn't your wife pick you up after our day out with the boys? I think you introduced me in the middle of a Chicago street. Long enough to say hi and goodbye?
            Was that when you, DMT and I met at the Cubs game?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
              Was that when you, DMT and I met at the Cubs game?
              Yes. I picked you up at airport and I think met DMT at the game. We went out for beverages and food after the game. Mrs. DMT picked him up when we had to stop having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Yes. I picked you up at airport and I think met DMT at the game. We went out for beverages and food after the game. Mrs. DMT picked him up when we had to stop having fun.
                Yep, good times!
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

My wife gets the funny stories. She asked if the guy that works for the Astros would be able to get us good seats when we went down there so she pays attention some times. Watched 'Wife Swap' with me when someone from here was on.

Comment

Back when we used to do music drafts I would keep her apprised of my picks and such. She would mostly just roll her eyes, especially when I got mad about getting sniped. Now she just likes telling those stories every once in a while to make me look more like a dork.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Yep, good times!
                      It sure was!

The time went by way too fast.

Comment

My wife has met Jason (who hasn't?) and knows about you guys enough to trust that we may even move to Griswold/Buckeye1 territory sometime in the near future with one of the benefits being that we will be near "some guys I know from the internet".

Comment

I showed my wife Jason and Sporer and Bucky on TV during the AFL Stars game....she made some crack like "generic white boys, wow, what a surprise...."
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                            My wife has met Jason (who hasn't?) and knows about you guys enough to trust that we may even move to Griswold/Buckeye1 territory sometime in the near future with one of the benefits being that we will be near "some guys I know from the internet".
                            Come in January, you will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                              Come in January, you will love it.
                              Except for the winters!!!!

Comment

I reference our music/movie/TV drafts to her a lot. The sports stuff, less so.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X