Deshaun Watson torn ACL, out for season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deshaun Watson torn ACL, out for season

Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in practice Thursday and will need season-ending surgery, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

The shame is not that he's done for the season, that's bad. But because he's such a great kid and a great story. Gave a game check (maybe his 1st) to Texan employees hit by the hurricane, and become the face that Houston really needed for their franchise. He's involved with Habitat for Humanity, in part because he was a beneficiary, but he's giving back. And probably other programs that I'm missing...just a hell of a young man.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

he looked really good against the patriots. i wasn't surprised he kept playing great after that game. he really looks like a franchise quarterback. makes you wonder wtf is wrong with Bill O'Brien evaluation of QB's not starting him at first. i like O'Brien but geesh. lol

question.. since winning makes everyone happy, and losing makes everyone unhappy, and with Deshaun out and the Texans maybe losing more now.. when do the Texan players rebel against Bob McNair for calling his players inmates, and will the NFL make him have to sell the team because everyone is mad at him? heh

and did you hear the response Richard Sherman gave? i know he talks a lot, but i've never really paid attention to him. i was impressed if he said that in an interview off the top of his head. im not sure i really agree. but that'd be like a speech i'd have to prepare before saying. so than i looked and saw he went to Stanford and went ohh..

but i also like listening to Cam Newton. during his press conferences when he pauses..and the reporters go silent. and Cam says, with emotion, we just gotta..we just gotta, and then tilts his head and says, we just gotta execute. i almost expect one of the reports to go 'is this what it's like being in the huddle Cam?'

i thought the routes thing with the female reporter was hilarious because it was a spur of the moment thing. even tho he lost his Dannon yogurt endorsement for it. .. i know i know, shouldn't think it's funny.

Comment

Working...
      X