49ers land Jimmy Garoppolo........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers land Jimmy Garoppolo........

for their 2018 second-round draft pick. San Francisco gets a promising 25 year old QB to rebuild around and New England continues their pattern of stock piling draft picks.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

good move for all parties. The Niners better sign the guy though because he can be a free agent at the end of the year. Also likely takes SF out of the running for one of the QBs in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      good move for all parties. The Niners better sign the guy though because he can be a free agent at the end of the year. Also likely takes SF out of the running for one of the QBs in the draft.
      i don't think Bill wanted to trade Garoppolo in the AFC. which is why Cleveland didn't get him. and then Cleveland thought they traded a 2nd and 3rd pick for the Cincinnati backup but were too busy celebrating that mistake to call it in to the commish in time to get it done.

so the real loser in this trade is Cleveland. bring back coach Pettine! im serious

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        i don't think Bill wanted to trade Garoppolo in the AFC. which is why Cleveland didn't get him.

Which is odd, because Cleveland is an automatic win for other teams playing them in the AFC at this point.

Comment

it is odd. you'd think Cleveland would've offered a 2nd and 3rd for Jimmy instead of AJ McCarron. Late paperwork nixed Browns' AJ McCarron trade
          Maybe Belichick likes Garoppolo and thought since he was a good soldier being backup the past few years and waiting, he wanted him to be in a better situation, unlike Jamie Collins; who we could really use right now.

i am going to miss Jimmy. at work i have this thing where i pretend to be a homer and during the night, every night, i find a way to say Garoppolo. ..pretending he's going to be the next GOT. i hope he does well in SF. i am not really a 9ers fan. i didn't want to be one. but i guess i am now.

i have a bad track record predicting QB success. Garoppolo was a legit 2nd rd pick. i trust bill. i don't know why teams didn't offer a brinks truck for him. he's got that intangible killer instinct and winning thing like brady. his feet moves more than brady. but than everybody's feet does. but he was perfect for the patriots system. and looked good. and now we have to let him go because his contract is up.

Belichick just does what he wants. i think Garoppolo was worth more than an early 2nd rd pick. i feel that we drafted him when we didn't really need him because we believed in him, when other teams should've instead. and we tied up that pick used for a few years for nothing. when other teams should've been banging down our door.

Comment

Jimmy Garoppolo uses SMELLING SALTS before games! all good QB's use SMELLING SALTS!!

Comment

I've traded for him in my Superflex auction keeper league, so SF better not F this up.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan expects contract-year QB Jimmy Garoppolo to be franchised in 2018.

Advice: "The franchise tag made it an easier decision to trade for him. We’ve got six games left and we’re going to have next year. Quarterbacks are expensive. And that's not that big a deal to us." Garoppolo has yet to pass C.J. Beathard and is unproven outside of two career starts. He'll make $25 million if franchised — putting him behind only Matt Stafford and Derek Carr in base salary. The 49ers want to get Garoppolo acclimated before playing him, but are going to need to see what they have in him down the stretch.

More: San Francisco Chronicle
                (Rotoworld.com)
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

9er's fans react to winning 3 in a row and possibly obtaining a franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    9er's fans react to winning 3 in a row and possibly obtaining a franchise QB.

Benny Hill! Awesome nully!
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

after defeating the jaguars Garoppolomania has reached epic proportions in SF. i found a couple of interesting articles.
                      How new 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo learned to throw like Tom Brady
                      By the time he began teaching Jimmy Garoppolo how to throw a football, when Garoppolo was in high school, the personal quarterback coach had better technology at his disposal. Christensen could pop in footage of Tom Brady’s rapid-fire release and perfect footwork and say, essentially, this is how it’s done.

“And so that’s how I trained him, was with Tom Brady film,” Christensen said by phone Monday. “It was really eerie, of course, when (Garoppolo) became Tom’s teammate.”

Jeff Christensen will see pupil's first start for 49ers, explains why his throwing motion has helped lead him here
                      “Jimmy only knows one way of doing it,” Christensen said. “When he started getting harassed in the pocket, he deviates back to normal. He gets chased around and banged around a bit, he will get better as a thrower.

“Ninety-five out of a hundred guys will start overstriding. But Jim goes back to the right way of doing it. He’s the only guy I’ve ever coached who does that.”
                      that is what i meant by having an intangible killer instinct. the more pressure you put on these types of QB's in the pocket, the calmer they get. i think Jimmy's QB rating during a blitz is at it's highest around 120. so the 49ers are getting someone a lot closer to TB than Giovanni Carmazzi. and you could say SF is getting a second chance to draft TB.

it was wrong for the patriots to have been holding onto Jimmy G for 4 years and depriving the NFL of Jimmy Garoppolos greatness. it was wrong for other teams not to have drafted him instead. it was wrong for other teams to allow another team to be able to roster 2 FQB's. and it was wrong for other teams to have not traded for Jimmy sooner.

but i am glad that we kept a 40 year old TB instead of a 26 year old Jimmy or the next Steve Young or Aaron Rogers. and those situations were a little different. Montana was injured for 2 years, but came back at a high level with KC, and Brett Favre kept deciding to retire and than not. i am glad that the patriots chose loyalty and the next few years of potential success instead of a longer future. when you look back at this, i don't think ppl will remember that. and the pats will start over now trying to find our next successor to TB.

but you know it would've been funny if Tom Brady retired and everyone thought the nightmare was over, only to see Jimmy G step in and play for the pats for the next 10 years.

ppl say that BB doesn't really like to develop players, and i think that is totally untrue. and sending Garoppolo to SF (Toms favorite team growing up) to his friend John Lynch is like he's playing the video game NFL Head Coach, and he's helping build up the league from within.

every team should draft a QB every year in whatever round looking to hit the jackpot, and when a team does, you can't let them hold onto 2 franchise QB's for 4 years! other teams have to step in and trade for one of them. you can see how one lifts the rest of the team. the way SF's offensive line only gave up one sack to the jags because Garoppolo gets rid of the ball a tad quicker. it's little differences like that and everyone else gets better.

Comment

Jimmy Garoppolo mic'd during titians week 15. i think a lot of ppl have seen this already. btw when he celebrates he screams like TB. they both have kind of a girly scream. heh

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo prepares for a possible two-minute drill and gets his team ready to come back and earn a victory in Week 15.S...

Comment

for other patriots fans here disappointed the way everything went down, i was looking at the 49ers message boards and Jimmys in good hands.

Comment

Jimmy Garoppolo has a manly chin and perfect 5'oclock shadow. men want to be him, and women want to be with him. and he calls plays at the line of scrimmage like RUSSELL CROWE in GLADIATOR getting his cohorts to defend against carthaginian chariots.

all good quarterbacks look like RUSSELL CROWE in GLADIATOR!

..yes he has small hands like donald trump..

Comment

nully has a man crush.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                              X