Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ertz for Brate/R. Wilson

10 team, PPR, 6 points for all TDs

I was just proposed the following trade which seems like a no brainer to me but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I'd receive: Russell Wilson and Cameron Brate
    I'd give up: Zach Ertz

I had Carson Palmer/Luck as my QBs so could certainly use a consistent starter and not play the waiver wire game the rest of the year (available QBs - Goff, Keenum, McCown, Eli, Brissett).

Ertz has been studly but Brate has also been passable. I also have Greg Olsen on IR so hopefully available for a late season push.

Pull the trigger?

Hmmmm.....far from a no-brainer. With OJ Howard’s emergence, it might be hard to trust Brate no matter how good he’s been. It’s a fair offer, but I think I keep Ertz and pick up Goff. Or trade something of less consequence. In a 10-tm league, many QBs must be available for less.

Comment

i just get that feeling that OJ Howard was a one big game and done until next year thing. when was the last time a rookie TE had a good season? i like Brate.

i can't really say. it just seems like every time someone has a 'breakout' game, and everyone picks him up, next week the same players is dropped most. if you know what i mean.

in contrast, with such position scarcity at TE, i'd be pretty weary of trading bird in hand for two in the bush.

Comment

Thanks for the perspective guys. I'm still torn on it and will give it some more thought. I agree with nullnor that I think Howard was more of a one game thing but we'll see how it shakes out this week. In our league, Brate has gone for 9 points, 16, 15, 16, 11 over the last few weeks (beating Ertz 3 out of 5 of those weeks I believe).

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          i just get that feeling that OJ Howard was a one big game and done until next year thing. when was the last time a rookie TE had a good season? i like Brate.

i can't really say. it just seems like every time someone has a 'breakout' game, and everyone picks him up, next week the same players is dropped most. if you know what i mean.

in contrast, with such position scarcity at TE, i'd be pretty weary of trading bird in hand for two in the bush.
          There's been a few in recent years. Evan Engram, this season? Hunter Henry, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez to name a few. Howard is an elite talent, I'm not writing him off. I think Brate gets dinged.

Plus, Russell Wilson is barely a Top 10 fantasy QB this season. I stand by the reasoning you can trade less and do better.

Comment

i haven't really been following Ertz at all. i guess what it comes down to is the other guy thinks he's better than brate and wilson is a throw in.

i like brate too. i haven't looked at the schedule. i would think anyone that proposes a trade like that has done his homework. forget about wilson, i agree in a ten team league you can find a qb. so it really comes down to which TE you think is better. i think both are good TE's. i think they were throwing a bone to Howard and he's the tee-shirt of the week for this year. hehe

i like brate. Harvard guy. and they said he looked good last year too. breakout potential. and isn't Ertz old? i don't trust philly. brate is the TD guy. even belichick mentioned him. i'd make the trade and call the other managers bluff and take wilson to boot... the other manager is panicking over OJ Howards emergence over one game.
            Last edited by ; 10-27-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Ertz is not old (26) and is the #1 TE by a good 20% over Gronk. Plus he always has huge 2nd halves. I can’t say this strongly enough: DO NOT TRADE HIM!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Ertz is not old (26) and is the #1 TE by a good 20% over Gronk. Plus he always has huge 2nd halves. I can’t say this strongly enough: DO NOT TRADE HIM!
                i agree then. don't trade him. i think i confused him with Brent Celek. lol

i would be nice to the owner that proposed the trade tho. and tell him it was definitely a fair offer. but no.

Comment

to make a prediction about the future, i think someday Cameron Brate will play for the patriots and belichick will sign or trade for him. someday.

Comment

Well Wilson's 50 points sure would've looked nice in my lineup! I lost this week by 1 point....

Reminding myself - it was only one week, it was only one week...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Well Wilson's 50 points sure would've looked nice in my lineup! I lost this week by 1 point....

Reminding myself - it was only one week, it was only one week...
                      Wilson does put up those big weeks. and they can't run the ball. i was never a Lacy fan.

it's like ever since Seattle traded that probowl guard for New Orleans TE, Seattle became a passing team and NO tried to become a ball controlling running one. a tale of two teams.

Wilson can air it out, but like he said once, he was never asked to before. until now.

Comment

Working...
                      X