GPS device transfer to a new car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS device transfer to a new car?

why yes, I AM a baby boomer - why do you ask?

took me a long while to find where I can plug in the TomTom in the new car (especially having misplaced the manual!).

but I found it. so I plug the old TomTom into the new car, and it asks me "Do you want to connect to 'computer'"?

why yes, yes I do. but when I click YES, nothing happens.

I can just get a new one with updated maps and other upgrades for $89 (or a refurbished one for even less), but might I run into the same problem with that one?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Doesn't the new car have a NAV option?
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I just use my I phone for GPS

Comment

you have to plug the nav system into the car? I assume you don't mean into the 12V for power ... I doubt that many of us know anything about that, but it seems ... unnecessarily complicated ... (I too use my phone for GPS & am very happy with how it works)
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
        X