Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week Six Thread

all Week Six crap here

According to 538, the Chiefs have not been this good in almost 50 years--1969 when they won the Super Bowl.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

If you hadn't seen yesterday, the courts overturned Zeke's successful appeal. He will re-appeal, but the NFL has said his 6-game suspension starts immediately after his bye week. So buh bye Weeks 7-12.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        If you hadn't seen yesterday, the courts overturned Zeke's successful appeal. He will re-appeal, I the NFL has said his 6-game suspension starts immediately after his bye week. So buh bye Weeks 7-12.
        I guess I shoulda traded him - well hopefully I make it to the playoffs and then need him

Comment

just saw a good piece on ESPN about Kirk Cousins.

when he was 10 years old in Barrington, Ill. (one of my sisters used to live there), his father was his youth FB head coach. at that point, they added a new defensive coach. fella named Mike Singletary, a star of the 1985 Bears.

Cousins said the first year, his Dad was out of town on business when he was going up against the best team in the league. Singletary took over, but he wasn't grasping the offensive plays. So he let Cousins call his own plays!

small world
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Aaron Rodgers has a broken collarbone, likely out for the season.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

congrats to the 49ers for becoming the first team in NFL history to lose five consecutive games by 1, 2, or 3 points

today they trailed Skins 17-0 late in the first half and 26-17 just before the 2-minute warning, but they got to the edge of game-winning FG range with 30 seconds left before an offensive PI call helped bury them

Saints up 45-10, allow 4 quick TDs to the Lions and punt with a 7-point lead and 5 minutes left. Stafford then tosses his own pick-6 to go down 52-38. lol

also, the Jets got hosed on a non-fumble fumble call (well, on a stupid, "tuck like" rule), flipping their TD into a touchback for the Pats - who then win, 24-17. Pats have issues and Jets - I can't believe it - are not so terrible

.500 or better, or can get there with a later-games win (a mere 22 teams)

AFC
              PATRIOTS 4-2, BILLS 3-2, Dolphins 3-2, Jets 3-3
              STEELERS 4-2, Ravens 3-3
              JAGUARS 3-3, Texans 3-3, Titans 3-3
              CHIEFS 5-1, BRONCOS 3-2

NFC
              EAGLES 5-1, Redskins 3-2
              VIKINGS 4-2, PACKERS 4-2, Lions 3-3
              PANTHERS 4-2, SAINTS 3-2, Falcons 3-2
              RAMS 4-2, Seahawks 3-2, Cardinals 3-3

FUTURE FRANCHISE QB RACE (or getting to the deal pick for a king's ransom)

0-6 - 49ers, Browns

1-5 - Giants

2-4 - Bears, Chargers, Raiders, Colts
              2-3 - Bengals, Cowboys, Buccaneers
              Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-16-2017, 10:40 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Pittsburgh's James Harrison gets a sack today at 39 years and 164 days old. The oldest player to get at least half a sack in a game is Clay Matthews Jr. He was 40 years and 282 days old when he recorded a quarterback sack in 1996.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

My team keeps rollin'!! 6 and oh!! Damn this game is easy.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    My team keeps rollin'!! 6 and oh!! Damn this game is easy.
                    Too bad it has to end next week when you face my team.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.
                      Per RapSheet, Bryant's "teammates and coaches are well aware that he’s unhappy." Bryant struggled in the first six weeks and has been losing snaps to rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster. Bryant simply isn't the player he was before missing all of 2016 due to a suspension. Nevertheless, he should draw trade interest with a sub-$1 million base salary and lots of theoretical talent.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jameis Winston getting injured killed all my teams except one this week. Basically had no QB this week.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

So with Rodgers out for the season, who is his replacement?

Here are my official odds:

Brett Hundley -- 7-1
                          will likely play a couple of more games and then head back to his rightful place on the bench

Colin Kaepernick -- 10-1
                          the Packers have to win

RGIII -- 25-1
                          does anyone even know where he is now?

Eli Manning -- 35-1
                          may have saved his Giant career with a victory yesterday, but it still would be in the Giants' best interests to trade him

Blake Bortles -- 40-1
                          the Jags would love be rid of him

Charlie Whitehurst -- 50-1
                          Is Clipboard Jesus the messiah?

Brock Osweiler -- 55-1
                          the Broncos hate him, but probably still need him as a backup

Brett Favre -- 1000-1
                          why not?

Comment

Favre actually announced no already.

zero chance the Packers take Kaepernick or the Giants trade Eli. both are 1950s-style "family" franchises.

the Packers will tell themselves they can survive with Hundley, though I doubt it.

Hoyer lost his Niners gig yesterday, and a conditional 7th rd pick might get the job done.

Tony Romo is from Wisconsin, which matters to the cheeseheads. I doubt it, but it's the only "out of the box" idea that seems possible.
                            Last edited by Judge Jude; 10-16-2017, 09:44 AM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                              Jameis Winston getting injured killed all my teams except one this week. Basically had no QB this week.
                              I too had a wretched week but my opponent had Jay Cutler so I could win somehow - I need TY to catch a few passes and Ten def to finish positive and then I will have the worst win I have ever had

Comment

Working...
                              X